Voted Students' Union of the year (Educate North Awards 2016), our student-run Students' Union (NUSU) caters for all your needs, from Freshers' Week to graduation.
NUSU provides opportunities, activities and services designed to help you get the most out of University life.
Our stunning Students' Union building is at the heart of campus and is the hub of student life.
Some of the highlights include:
- One of the best Freshers' Weeks in the country, to help you settle into university life
- Student media opportunities with the Multi-Guardian-award-winning student newspaper, Newcastle Student Radio and NUTV (The Courier Television)
- Over 200 clubs and societies to join
- Volunteering with Go Volunteer and Raising and Giving (RAG) Week
- Give It a Go programme of one-off taster activities
- Sports programmes including Hall Sport and Inclusive Sports
- Subway sandwiches, Starbucks and Domino's Pizza on site
- Student bar and shop
- 1,500-capacity space, hosting weekly club nights and regular gigs
- Student Advice Centre (SAC)
- Quiet and social study spaces, available 24 hours a day in The Hub and NUSU Central
Find out more
Take a virtual tour of the Students' Union building.
Student Representation & Support
NUSU is not just the social hub on campus, it also plays an important part in shaping your Newcastle experience.
The Students' Union is run by 6 Sabbatical and 10 Part-time Officers who have been elected to represent you on all aspects of your University experience. Their job is to represent the interests of the entire student body and make sure your Newcastle experience is the best it can be.
NUSU is not just there for the good times, it's also a valuable source of student support, with:
- a Student Advice Centre, staffed by highly trained professionals
- an equipment loan scheme for students with children, including toys, prams and cots for a very affordable price
- participation Bursaries to kelp students access societies and clubs