ACC3000 : Case Studies in Finance, Accounting and Business
- Offered for Year: 2017/18
- Module Leader(s): Dr Claudia Gabbioneta
- Lecturer: Dr Habiba Al-Shaer, Dr Marwa Elnahas, Dr Neveen Abdelrehim
- Owning School: Newcastle University Business School
- Teaching Location: Newcastle City Campus
|Semester 1 Credit Value:||10|
|Semester 2 Credit Value:||10|
• Students’ knowledge of key business topics from the accounting perspective, and it may include marketing, finance, competition, merger/demerger, ethics and corporate governance;
• Students’ skills of analysis and evaluation through the use of written essay-style questions.
Outline Of Syllabus
The students will be given an introduction to the method of learning using case studies.
The module will take a graduated approach, starting with relatively structured and detailed questions and progressing to more ‘open’ questions as the course moves on.
|Guided Independent Study||Assessment preparation and completion||1||64:00||64:00||N/A|
|Scheduled Learning And Teaching Activities||Lecture||18||2:00||36:00||N/A|
|Guided Independent Study||Directed research and reading||1||50:00||50:00||N/A|
|Guided Independent Study||Independent study||1||50:00||50:00||N/A|
Teaching Rationale And Relationship
The teaching and learning methods used in this module will include lectures. Students are expected to attend the lectures and read the prescribed material beforehand.
The format of resits will be determined by the Board of Examiners
Assessment Rationale And Relationship
ASSESSMENT IS BY CLOSED BOOK WRITTEN EXAMINATION, WITH QUESTIONS STRUCTURED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE CASE METHOD AS EMPLOYED IN MODULE TEACHING. THIS METHOD TESTS STUDENTS’ ABILITIES IN CASE ANALYSIS, THE PRESENTATION AND INTERPRETATION OF DATA AND IN REPORT WRITING.
- Reading List Website : rlo.ncl.ac.uk