ECO3098 : Placement Related Project
- Offered for Year: 2017/18
- Module Leader(s): Dr Ivan Weir
- Owning School: Newcastle University Business School
- Teaching Location: Newcastle City Campus
|Semester 1 Credit Value:||10|
|Semester 2 Credit Value:||10|
1. to integrate the academic studies of the student with the practical experience gained on placement
2. to provide opportunity for analytical reflection on business or economic activity encountered on placement, in the light of relevant literature from economics and management studies
3. to apply the tools of economics in a practical research project
4. to use skills gained or enhanced in the course of the placement year or earlier
In this way the two sides of the degree course can be subjectively integrated by the student and made relevant to the world of employment and production.
Outline Of Syllabus
|Scheduled Learning And Teaching Activities||Dissertation/project related supervision||6||1:00||6:00||N/A|
|Guided Independent Study||Independent study||1||194:00||194:00||N/A|
Teaching Rationale And Relationship
An introductory lecture session will inform students returing from their placements of the general requirements of the module and their next steps towards beginning the dissertation work.
Individual tutorial sessions and access time with an academic supervisor will provide guidance as the work progresses.
Given this guidance, the learning outcomes are mainly produced by the student's own exercise of initiative, diligence in study and organisation of time.
The format of resits will be determined by the Board of Examiners
|Report||1||M||100||Placement Related Project|
Assessment Rationale And Relationship
This is the direct method for summative assessment of the experience and skills gained during the placement year and of the ability of the student to use that experience to good advantage in the context of the other compoenents of the degree course.