Nightlife in Newcastle isn't all about clubbing, though there is plenty of that, too!
Pubs, bars and clubs
From modern gastropubs to traditional pubs with live music and stylish bars, Newcastle has it all.
Popular areas include:
- Ouseburn Valley, home to pubs serving real ale and showcasing live music
- Jesmond, a leafy suburb just outside the city centre
- Collingwood Street, nicknamed Newcastle’s ‘diamond strip’ for its upmarket bars
- The Bigg Market and ‘Pink Triangle’ areas, which play host to traditional pubs and nightclubs
- ‘The Gate’ complex, with bars, restaurants and a multiscreen cinema under one roof
Nightclubs are dotted around the city, providing a place to party for all musical tastes. Favourites include Shindig, Digital and World Headquarters.