The annual EAT! Festival brings new culinary adventures at affordable prices.
Here's a flavour of venues which are popular with students. See the NewcastleGateshead website for a full directory of places to eat out in the city.
A range of independent eateries provide a warm Geordie welcome and a taste of the toon:
- Fat Hippo Underground is the city's go-to burger joint
- As You Like It delights with quality food and whimsical chic
- Olive and Bean is just one of many deli-bistros across the city
- The Bridge Tavern offers modern comfort food, nestled between the beams of the Tyne Bridge
- Lane 7 combines American-inspired food with boutique bowling, ping pong and karaoke
Familiar favourites and popular venues around the city include:
Newcastle caters for all tastes with cuisines from around the globe, at venues such as:
- Newcastle's Chinatown, home to many of the city's Chinese restaurants
- Zapatista, which serves a taste of South America
- Red Mezze, a favourite for Turkish cuisine
- Fat Buddha, an Asian fusion restaurant