Internal funding for staff and student projects
An internal funding scheme was established in 2017 to promote engagement with the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion agenda at Newcastle University.
Staff and students can apply for funding for small to medium sized projects.
- Applications involving events, training, projects and invitations to host seminars, etc are welcome.
- A clear case will have to be made that there are no other funding sources available for the application.
- Maximum funding per project is £5000, but we particularly encourage applications that require less funding than this.
- A full breakdown of costs should be provided. All successful applications will be expected to keep a record of how the funds were spent.
The annual funding call is announced in the summer, and the deadline for submissions is the end of September. Applications are reviewed by a panel consisting of the three Faculty Directors of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and the Dean of Diversity. The winners are then announced at the end of the year.
Projects funded by the Equality Diversity and Inclusion Fund in 2017 include:
- Launch event for Disabled Interest Group
- Bursury for Black Asian Minority Ethnic (BAME) Staff Network
- Training on the use of appropriate language and terminology for different protected characteristics
- Supporting the mental health and wellbeing of PGR students
- Networking event for female staff networks across the UK Higher Education Sector
- Creating an online diversity calendar
For more information, please contact the Dean of Diversity, Professor Judith Rankin.
Additional Funding Round announced!
An additional funding round is now open. The deadline for submissions is 12 April 2018. For more information and to apply please click here.