Our teaching and learning philosophy is based on the concept of education for life. By this we mean:
- providing knowledge and understanding which will last a lifetime
- providing knowledge and experience relevant to life and the world around us
Students are at the centre of the learning experience, and their feedback lies at the heart of our future strategy.
Newcastle students have access to:
- research-informed teaching and learning, delivered in a professional, challenging and engaging way
- course and extra-curricular provision which ensures that our graduates are well equipped for further training, research or workforce needs
- opportunities for personal and professional development
- programmes which meet relevant accreditation and quality standards, as well as agreed specifications
- a culture of independent learning, critical thinking and enterprise
We conduct an active programme of raising aspirations and widening participation.
In addition to an excellent education, informed by world-class research, we provide:
- a wide variety of enterprise and volunteering activities
- student societies
- an active presence in recreational and competitive sport