September 2021 applicants

The information below is subject to change due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation. This page will be updated accordingly as circumstances change.


Guest parking

Find out about parking for guests staying in the staff and guest accommodation.

There is no additional charge for parking, but there is limited parking for guests at:

  • Castle Leazes
  • Windsor Place
  • Windsor Terrace

Pre-Book your parking space

You must pre-book your parking space using one of the following online forms:

If we have a space for you, you'll be able to pick up your parking permit with your room keys from your accommodation reception.

If there are no spaces available, we'll let you know and email you details of the nearest public parking.

These forms are for guests only - we have further options for student parking.

Contact us

Email us if you have any questions:


Newcastle University will be what’s known as the ‘Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us.

Legal basis
Newcastle University is collecting your personal data and payment details in order to process your Guest Parking request, and we will only contact you regarding this. Our lawful basis for this processing is that it is necessary in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, specifically processing your permit request, and then to perform that contract.

Your Data
All personal data is processed by Newcastle University staff based in the UK however for the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance this information is located on servers within the EEA. We won’t share your data with anyone outside of the University, unless required to by law. We will store your data for two years, after which it will be deleted.

Further Information
If you would like to discuss this further, please contact us on If you would like more information about how we manage personal data more generally, including your rights under law, and the contact details of the University’s Data Protection Officer, please see our website:

Contractors and visitors

Find out where you can park if you're a contractor or visitor.

Visiting a resident

Free parking

There is limited free parking at Bowsden Court.

You must have a parking permit.

Pay and display

Pay and display parking is available at Castle Leazes and Windsor Terrace.

You can park here between 16:00 and midnight on week days, and all day at weekends and Bank Holidays.

If you want to park outside of these hours, or at sites without resident visitor parking, you need to use alternative car parking facilities.

You can find more information on the Newcastle County Council website.

Request a permit

Email reception of the site you want to park at. We'll organise a permit for you.

Contractors and work-related visitors

Contractor and work-related visitor car parking is provided at these accommodation sites:

  • Bowsden Court
  • Castle Leazes
  • Marris House
  • Windsor Terrace

Spaces are limited. Permits are issued on a first come, first served basis.

Permits will only be issued to visitors attending the accommodation site for work-related purposes and to approved contractors working at the accommodation site.

You can find more information on the University Estates website.

Request a permit

You need to request a parking permit from the relevant accommodation reception.