The University offers a range of scholarships and bursaries to undergraduate students.
International Ambassadors Scholarships
Apply to be an International Ambassador and receive up to £3000 (£1000 per year of study) towards your tuition fees.
International Ambassador Scholarships are awarded annually on a competitive basis to excellent students.
International Ambassadors support us with other international students and applicants to our degree programmes.
You'll do range of tasks, including:
- contacting applicants from your home country and answer their questions
- visiting colleges in your home country to talk about your experience at Newcastle University
- being an international representative on staff student committees
- helping with events for prospective international students
- attending welcome events for new international students
- being part of our recruitment committee
To apply for this award you must:
- be an international student
- have been offered a place on an undergraduate degree programme by the School of Biomedical Sciences
- have already accepted or will accept Newcastle University as your first choice university (firm choice with UCAS)
- have been assessed as international/overseas for fees purposes
- agree to do duties as an International Ambassador (see above)
Eligible programmes include B100, B210, B900, B901, B902, B903, B940, B942, C700, C701, B4D6, B46D, BD46, BD64, C600.
How to apply
Write a short essay of max. 700 words explaining why you have chosen your particular degree subject.
Send your essay to Dr Nick Morris by email or post:
Dr Nick Morris
Faculty of Medical Sciences
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE2 4HH, UK
Friday 22nd June 2018.