It is important to be aware that the University has numerous policies such as maternity, career break or special sickness. Other university support policies such as dealing with stress or for disabled individuals or those with family or carer responsibilities can be found on the Human Resources website.
University policies to support a work environment and culture of equality and diversity are listed on the University's Athena SWAN website.
In addition, here are links to University networks, support and staff benefits:
- NU-Women – a forum for women to share ideas and provide mutual support for their career development
- JustAsk support and direction for University employees – help with stress or with any issues you feel cannot easily be dealt with by your line manager
- Keepwell@NCL – a collection of resources to contribute to wellbeing
- Mosaic - for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender staff
- Carer’s Network – a network for those supporting others
- Disabled employees’ Network – open to all disabled employees
- Dignity Support – help with issues of bullying and harassment
- Guidelines for new staff
- Staff benefits – cycle scheme, sports facilities, childcare vouchers etc.
- Career break scheme
If you have any questions about any of the content of the documents found on this page, contact the Institute Manager, Joanna Keith, or the Deputy Institute Manager, Amanda Temby.