We have approximately 80 Postdocs in the Institute. They are mentored by world-leading academics and encouraged to publish their work in high-impact factor journals.
We are committed to providing a postdoctoral training experience that will forge the careers of future world-class scientists and leading academic professionals.
Professional development is supported by the Staff Development Unit and ICaMB Postdoc Association (IPA).
We also run a series of seminars for postdoctoral researchers. Find out about our Postdoc Seminars.
The ICaMB Postdoctoral Association (IPA) was established in 2013 and is run by Postdocs for Postdocs.
The aims of the IPA are to:
- maintain the helpful and friendly community between postdocs
- be a voice for Postdocs in interactions with management
- encourage and assist in the career development of Postdocs
- catalyse interactions between Postdocs in the difference themes in the institute
- help new Postdocs with local and regional orientation through a variety of events and activities
- foster a culture of debate, open communication and information access
- help with a large variety of issues relating to life as a Postdoc
To contribute to the IPA or become a committee member, email email@example.com
More information and details of upcoming events can be found in our Facebook Group.
IPA Science Lives Seminar Series
Previous seminars include:
- PI: An Honest Insight - Health Murray, ICaMB Royal Society fellow.
- What’s it like to work for Nature? - Andrew Jermy, Senior Nature Microbiology Editor.
- Thinking of a career in Biotech? - Keith Foster, Vice President Scientific Affairs, Toxins.
Postdocs are encouraged to ask questions and talk informally to the invited speakers.
ICaMB Postdoc Seminar Series
Do you have a conference talk to give? The IPA can arrange for you to give a practice presentation to PI's and other supportive postdocs within the Institute. This is an informal environment but gives you the chance to let your peers know what you are up to, share knowledge and experiences, and forge collaborations.