Deadlines are staggered throughout the year, so check each link for up-to-date information.
- Careers Service: Science & Health - see Life science and Physical Science for a list of scholarships, awards and competitions, including vacation studentships.
- Society of Biology: Top Student Award - rewards the achievements of outstanding undergraduate biologists by recognising their skills and abilities.
- Telegraph STEM Awards - opportunity for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) undergraduates to get their ideas in front of some of the most influential companies in industry and potentially win £25,000 and a bespoke mentoring programme. Categories include healthcare and aerospace. Opens in November and closes in February each year.
- Biochemical Society: Science Communication Competition - looks for talented science communicators to take part in their annual competition. You need to submit an original piece of writing or an original video targeted at the general public, on a molecular bioscience topic of your choice. This year's competition opened in January and closed in April.
- The Josh Award - recognises and supports up-and-coming talent in science communication. The award is open to anyone involved in science communication in the UK, whether a full or part-time role or practising science communication as part of their job, eg researcher at a University. Opens in Spring.
- SateLife Challenge - the UK Space Agency is offering young people (from 11 - 22) expert advice for their ideas of how satellites could improve life on Earth. You can enter either as a team or individual for the chance to win a share of the prize fund of £50,000. Applications closed on 25 February 2018.