Combined Honours

Study Abroad Year

Study Abroad Year

If you're not studying a language and would like to study your degree abroad for a year you can take one of our specialised Combined Honours modules.

Our Combined Honours Study Abroad module (HSS3011) allows you to study your subject abroad for a full academic year between Stages 2 and 3. This makes your degree four years long

You can choose to study at one of our partner universities in Europe or outside of Europe. You'll receive a transcript of study from your exchange university but your final degree classification only takes Stages 2 and 3 into account, so the year abroad marks don't contribute to the final average.

You can also divide your year abroad between studying and doing a work placement by taking our Work Placement and Study Abroad (HSS3009) module.

Further information

Find further information about our study abroad and work placement modules.