Research Software Specialist
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 191 208 4141
Stephen is a Research Software Developer within Digital Institute supporting research projects throughout the University by architecting and implementing software solutions. Stephen has over 10 years software development experience, working with both front and backend web technologies. including AngularJS, NodeJs and Python (mainly Pandas/Numpy etc). I also have extensive experience of configuring cloud infrastructure (at the application level) including AWS, Azure and OpenStack.
Involved creation of a web front end to allow users to manage their accounts and clinician to monitor patients as they take part in games to monitor their condition following a stroke.
SiDE - Social Inclusion through the Digital Economy
Involved creation of custom API and web visualisations to display location and movement data for users in care homes.
Social Media Analysis for Social Geography (SOMaG)
Creation of web front end to manage social geographers to explore social media data ( > 13million records) through interactive visualisation.
Scalable Cloud rendering system to allow complex rendering on the cloud via a lightweight web interface suitable for thin clients.
CIC - Cloud Innovation Centre
Reading Comprehension for Aphasia - Cross Platform (Android/iOS) Tablet app for conducting reading comprehension tests following Aphasia
AWS, Azure, OpenStack
Pandas, Numpy, AngularJS, NodeJS, Bootstrap, Wordpress, Ionic
MongoDB, CouchDB, Postgres, ElasticSearch, MySQL
Docker, qGIS, Carto, Power BI, Tableau
Town Planning MSc - Newcastle University
Geography BA (Hons) - Northumbria University
- Turner M, Dowsland S, Mazel A, Giesen M. Rock art CARE: A cross-platform mobile application for crowdsourcing heritage conservation data for the safeguarding of open-air rock art. Journal of Cultural Heritage Management and Sustainable Development 2018, Epub ahead of print.
- Simpson M, Woodman S, Hiden H, Stein S, Dowsland S, Turner M, Hanson VL, Watson P. A platform for the analysis of qualitative and quantitative data about the built environment and its users. In: Proceedings - 13th IEEE International Conference on eScience, eScience 2017. 2017, Auckland, New Zealand: Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Turner M, Dowsland S, Mazel A, Giesen M. Rock Art CARE: A cross platform mobile application for crowdsourcing heritage conservation data for the safeguarding of open-air rock art. AUGUST 28 - SEPTEMBER 1, 2017, OTTAWA, CANADA. In: Digital Workflows for Heritage Conservation. 2017, Ottawa, Canada.
- Woodman S, Hiden H, Turner M, Dowsland S, Watson P. Monitoring of Upper Limb Rehabilitation and Recovery after Stroke: an Architecture for a Cloud-based Therapy Platform. In: 2015 IEEE 11th International Conference on e-Science. 2015, Munich: IEEE.