Dr Wen Zeng
Guest Member of Staff
- Email: email@example.com
Dr. Wen Zeng is a Guest Member of Staff at the School of Computing Science, Newcastle University. She is also a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Cyber Security at De Montfort University. She is working with Professor Maciej Koutny and Professor Brian Randell on the EPSRC funded projects. She was awarded her Ph.D. on "Quantitative Analysis of Distributed Systems" under the supervision of Professor Maciej Koutny in 2014.
Her research interests mainly include: Petri net based behavioural models of complex systems; distributed systems, with a focus on quantitative aspects (costs, likelihoods, time); Cyber security (information security economics, digital rights management systems, information flow security, security metrics and standards).
She has a strong research background in applied mathematics, theoretical computer science and Cyber security. She has a BSc in applied mathematics (information and computing science) and an MSc in computing science. She developed systematic approaches to quantitatively analyse the security properties in concurrent and distributed system. In their research, they are focusing on using formal models (e.g., queueing theory, Petri nets, and stochastic Petri nets) to qualitatively and quantitatively analyse the security policies in the Cloud computing systems. In addition, they have investigated the failure of the systems and user behaviours would affect the productivity of the staff members in the business organisations.
Wen Zeng (PI), “Benefit and cost of Cloud computing security”, 02/2018 – 03/2018, £7304, Cyber Security Academic Start-up Programme, Innovate UK Knowledge Transfer Network.
Wen Zeng (PI), Helge Janicke, Isabel Wagner, and Francois Siewe, “Access control and data privacy for Cloud computing”, 11/2017 – 07/2018, £8000, Higher Education Innovation Fund (HEIF Project Funding) 2017-18, De Montfort University.
Wen Zeng (PI), “VC2020 research fund”, 11/2017, £1000, De Montfort University.
Wen Zeng, Maciej Koutny, and Paul Watson, “Opacity for Internet of Things”, 05/2014 – 07/2014, £4500, School Research Funds from School of Computing, Newcastle University: to quantitatively analyze the opacity in Internet of Things with Cloud computing systems.
- Zeng, W. and Koutny, M. “Quantitative analysis of opacity in cloud computing systems”. Journal of Information Security, 2017. (to appear)
- Zeng, W., Koutny, M., Watson, P. and Germanos, V. “Formal verification of secure information flow in cloud computing”. In special issue on security and privacy in cloud computing, Journal of Information Security and Applications, Volume 27-28, April – May 2016, Pages: 103-116.
- Zeng, W. and van Moorsel, A. “Quantitative evaluation of Enterprise DRM technology”. In Journal Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science (ENTCS), Volume 275, September 2011, Pages: 159-174.
- Zeng, W., Koutny, M. and Watson, P. “Opacity in Internet of Things with cloud computing”. In 8th IEEE International Conference on Service-Oriented Computing and Application (SOCA), 2015.
- Zeng, W., Koutny, M. and Watson, P. “Verifying secure information flow in federated clouds”. In 6th IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science (CloudCom), 2014.
- Zeng, W., Koutny, M. and van Moorsel, A. “Performance modelling and evaluation of enterprise information security technologies”. In 14th IEEE International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (CIT), 2014.
- Zeng, W., Koutny, M. and Watson, P. “A flow sensitive security model for cloud computing systems”. In Engineering Dependable Systems of Systems (EDSoS), 2014.
- Zeng, W. and Koutny, M. “Data resources in dynamic environments”. In 8th IEEE Theoretical Aspects of Software Engineer (TASE), 2014.
- Zeng, W., Liu, K. and Koutny, M. “Cost-benefit analysis of Digital Rights Management products using stochastic models”. In 46th Annual Simulation Symposium (ANSS), 2013.
- Zeng, W. and Liu, K. “Sensitivity analysis of loss of corporate efficiency and productivity associated with Enterprise DRM technology”. In 7th IEEE International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security (ARES), 2012.
- Zeng, W., Koutny, M. and Watson, P. “Opacity in Internet of Things with cloud computing”. In Newcastle University, school technical report CS-TR-1481, September 2015.
- Zeng, W., and Koutny, M. “A flow-sensitive security model for cloud computing systems”. In Newcastle University, school technical report: CS-TR-1387, June 2013.
- Zeng, W. and van Moorsel, A. “Quantitative evaluation of Enterprise DRM technology”. In Newcastle University, school technical report: CS-TR-1238, March 2011.
- Zeng, W., S. Parkin, and van Moorsel, A. “Digital rights management”. In Newcastle University, school technical report: CS-TR-1223, October 2010.