Newcastle University holds open days for prospective undergraduate students in the Summer and Autumn of each year.
On the day, there'll be a variety of activities to help you find out about the University, student life and the city. You'll also have the opportunity to discuss your options with staff and students from our School.
For more information, visit the open day website.
Post application visit days
After you receive an offer, you'll be invited to a post application visit day at our School. This visit day is an opportunity to talk to our admissions team, teaching staff and current undergraduate students.
We'll be happy to answer any questions you might have about our courses, the University, and what it's like living in Newcastle. Students and staff will give talks on the essentials of student life here and the activities of the School of Computing. You'll be shown around the Urban Sciences Building at Newcastle Helix by our students.
School post application visit days are usually held from December to mid March. Friends and family are welcome to come along.
A confirmed programme will be provided on the day. These example programmes give an idea of how the day will run:
School of Computing Post Application Visit Day programme sampleSchool of Computing Post Application Visit Day programme sample
The day will run from approximately 10:30 - 15:30 and will consist of the following sessions:
- registration and refreshments in the Urban Sciences Building based at Newcastle Helix
- welcome from the Head of School, an overview of the degree structure by the Undergraduate Degree Programme Director and a student led presentation on employability and placements
- icebreaker session for applicants
- buffet lunch for all
- student led talks on student voice, accommodation and life as a student in Newcastle.
- demonstrations and talks by our research groups
- alumni talk
- informal chat with an academic
- chats with existing students and academics over coffee and cake
- tours of the School’s facilities
You will also be able to book onto an accommodation tour before or after the Visit Day. Student ambassadors will be available to accompany you before or after the tour dependant on when the tour is taken from the end point in the morning and to the start point after the visit day in the afternoon.
Prospective postgraduate students have the opportunity to attend the annual postgraduate open day in February to come and look around our School, explore the campus and talk to staff and students. Students are also welcome to visit the School and to talk to staff. For more information, please visit the University's Postgraduate website or to book a visit contact us.