- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0)191 208 8197
- Address: School of Dental Sciences
Level 5, Restorative Department
Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Clinical Fellow in Restorative Dentistry
- Associate NHS General Dental Practitioner (Dairy Lane Dental Pracitice) 2010-2014
- Educational Supervisor (HENE) 2012-2014
- Honorary Clinical Lecturer (Newcastle Dental Hospital) 2011-2013
- General Professional Trainee (Newcastle Dental Hospital) 2008-2010
Area of expertise
- Restorative dentistry
- Newcastle Teaching Award 2016
- Associate Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy, 2015
- Certificate in Teaching and Learning In Professional Practice (UCLAN)- Passed with Distinction 2012
- MFDS (The Royal College Of Surgeons Of Edinburgh 2010)
- BDS with Merit in Clinical Dentistry, 2008
Prizes and Awards
- Nominated "Outstanding Contribution to Teaching" in the Teaching Excellence Awards 2017
- Winner COHR postgraduate research student oral presentation competition May 2016
- Awarded "Best Foundation Case Presentation" in Northern Deanery 2010
- Stage 2 part 1 award for highest exam results (2005)
ORCID: Click here.
I commenced my part time staff PhD in August 2014. Soon after I started collaborating with 3M to test and develop a novel chairside composite crown.
The aspects of this research have include:
1) Consultancy work to develop the placement method for the crowns and designing a teaching program
2) In vitro testing of the marginal fit of the crowns using a micro CT scanner
3) Assessing the benefits of the composite crowns via a health economic analysis
4) Designing and running a pilot clinic trial assessing 2 placement methods for the composite crown
The clinical trial is registered on the ISRCTN registry (ISRCTN17542282)
The clinical trial was also accepted onto the prestigious NIHR portfolio (CPMS ID: 32058)
- Clinical Teaching on Restorative Clinics Stages 3 to 5
- Lecturer for the stage 4 "Advanced Restorations, Clinical Skills" Course
- Deputy degree program director of MClinDent Restorative Dentisty
- Clinical teacher and lecturer on MClinDent Restorative Dentistry programme.
- Involved in the provision of study days for GPT and FD trainees for HENE.
I have an interest in technology enhanced learning.
I have been the lead for the Virtual Learning Environment working group since 2017
Since 2018 I have been involved in exploring the schools strategy for blended and distance learning
- O'Connor CJ, German M, Waterhouse PJ, Coulter J, Gharib I. Micro-CT Scanning Confirms Acceptable Marginal Fit Of Chairside Composite Crown. In: IADR General Session San Francisco California USA. 2017.