Education & Teaching
We offer undergraduate and postgraduate level taught and research programmes.
The School of ECLS offers an Education BA (Hons).
We offer initial teacher training courses at primary and secondary level:
- Primary Teaching, PGCE
- Secondary Teaching, PGCE
- School Direct, PGCE (Primary and Secondary)
Postgraduate part-time professional development courses
We offer the following courses for professional development:
- Practitioner Enquiry, MEd
- Practitioner Enquiry (Leadership), MEd
- Coaching and Mentoring for Teacher Development PGCert
- Innovative Pedagogy and Curriculum PGCert
Postgraduate full-time MA courses
We welcome both home and international students to study full-time on the following MA courses.
- MA Education: International Perspectives
- International Development and Education, MA
- Education Research, MA
We also offer the following research programmes:
- Education and Communication, Integrated PhD
- Education and Applied Linguistics, Integrated PhD
- Doctorate in Education, EdD
- Applied Educational Psychology, DAppEdPsy
Strong research activities of our staff help aid our teaching. Our members of staff also supervise postgraduate students within their sections.
Newcastle University North Leadership Centre
Newcastle University North Leadership Centre (NLC) is part of the School of Education, Communication and Lanague Sciences at Newcastle University.
They work with schools, colleges and public sector organisations to deliver leadership development programmes.
The centre tailors their courses to the client's needs. The NLC also works with businesses all over the world.
North East Teaching Schools Partnership
We are currently delivering the full range of National Professional Qualifications (Middle Leadership, Senior Leadership, Headship and Executive Leadership) through our role as a partner in the North East Teaching Schools Partnership (NETSP)