Experimental Scientific Officer
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 6966
- Personal Website: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/emrs/
- Address: Electron Microscopy Research Services
I work in the Electron Microscopy Research Services unit which provides an electron microscopy service to students and researchers throughout the University as well as to companies and individuals both nationally and internationally
Training packages are available for researchers which will reduce costs in the long term.
The TEM course is held over 3 days and covers ultra-microtomy and use of the transmission electron microscope. The course can be tailored to suit the individual.
This is for groups who may have a high throughput of samples to be analysed. Once competent, the researchers would be allowed to use the microscope themselves.
We welcome visits from key stage 5 pupils and their teachers to the electron microscopy laboratory at Newcastle University's Medical School. During their 1.5-2 hour visit they will learn how specimens are prepared for both scanning and transmission EM and see the electron microscopes in action. Visits are suitable for both year 12 and year 13, though numbers are restricted (min 7, max 14).
- Hall EA, Nahorski MS, Murray LM, Shaheen R, Perkins E, Dissanayake KN, Kristaryanto Y, Jones RA, Vogt J, Rivagorda M, Handley MT, Mali GR, Quidwai T, Soares DC, Keighren MA, McKie L, Mort RL, Gammoh N, Garcia-Munoz A, Davey T, Vermeren M, Walsh D, Budd P, Aligianis IA, Faqeih E, Quigley AJ, Jackson IJ, Kulathu Y, Jackson M, Ribchester RR, von Kriegsheim A, Alkuraya FS, Woods CG, Maher ER, Mill P. PLAA Mutations Cause a Lethal Infantile Epileptic Encephalopathy by Disrupting Ubiquitin-Mediated Endolysosomal Degradation of Synaptic Proteins. American Journal of Human Genetics 2017, 100(5), 706-724.
- Oláhová M, Thompson K, Hardy SA, Barbosa IA, Besse A, Anagnostou ME, White K, Davey T, Simpson MA, Champion M, Enns G, Schelley S, Lightowlers RN, Chrzanowska-Lightowlers ZMA, McFarland R, Deshpande C, Bonnen PE, Taylor RW. Pathogenic variants in HTRA2 cause an early-onset mitochondrial syndrome associated with 3-methylglutaconic aciduria. Journal of Inherited Metabolic Disease 2017, 40(1), 121-130.
- McGorum BC, Scholes S, Milne EM, Eaton SL, Wishart TM, Poxton IR, Moss S, Wernery U, Davey T, Harris JB, Pirie RS. Equine grass sickness, but not botulism, causes autonomic and enteric neurodegeneration and increases soluble N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor attachment receptor protein expression within neuronal perikarya. Equine Veterinary Journal 2016, 48(6), 786-791.
- Vincent AE, Ng YS, White K, Davey T, Mannella C, Falkous G, Feeney C, Schaefer AM, McFarland R, Gorman GS, Taylor RW, Turnbull DM, Picard M. The Spectrum of Mitochondrial Ultrastructural Defects in Mitochondrial Myopathy. Scientific Reports 2016, 6, 30610.
- Speight RA, Davey T, White K, Kirby JA, Mansfield JC. Activation of the bile acid receptor, farnesoid-x receptor, maintains gut epithelial cell morphology, possibly via inhibition of myosin light chain kinase expression. In: 2nd Digestive Disorders Federation Conference 2015. 2015, London, UK: BMJ Group.
- Hall EA, Keighren M, Ford MJ, Davey T, Jarman AP, Smith LB, Jackson IJ, Mill P. Acute Versus Chronic Loss of Mammalian Azi1/Cep131 Results in Distinct Ciliary Phenotypes. PLoS Genetics 2013, 9(12), e1003928.
- Dunican DS, Cruickshanks HA, Suzuki M, Semple CA, Davey T, Arceci RJ, Greally J, Adams IR, Meehan RR. Lsh regulates LTR retrotransposon repression independently of Dnmt3b function. Genome Biology 2013, 14(10), R146.
- Zhou YS, Webb S, Lettice L, Tardif S, Kilanowski F, Tyrrell C, MacPherson H, Semple F, Tennant P, Baker T, Hart A, Devenney P, Perry P, Davey T, Barran P, Barratt CL, Dorin JR. Partial Deletion of Chromosome 8 β-defensin Cluster Confers Sperm Dysfunction and Infertility in Male Mice. PLoS Genetics 2013, 9(10), e1003826.
- Harris JB, Scott-Davey T. Secreted Phospholipases A2 of Snake Venoms: Effects on the Peripheral Neuromuscular System with Comments on the Role of Phospholipases A2 in Disorders of the CNS and Their Uses in Industry. Toxins 2013, 5(12), 2533-2571.
- Hart AJ, Hodgson WC, Scott-Davey T, Harris JB. Neuromuscular toxicology of the venom of Collett's snake (Pseudechis colletti): A histopathological study. Muscle and Nerve 2011, 43(4), 552-559.
- Hart A, Scott-Davey T, Harris J. Venom of Collett's snake (Pseudechis colletti) blocks the binding of α-bungarotoxin to acetylcholine receptors at chick but not human neuromuscular junctions: A histochemical study. Toxicon 2008, 52(5), 647-650.