Along with behavioural interventions, we are now turning towards advances in technology to help us manage our networks and systems in a more efficient and effective manner.
This will help us keep people and goods moving, and sustain our economies and societies for the future.
As one of the leading centres of transport technology research in Europe, we've played a pivotal role in areas such as:
- road user charging
- advanced traveller information services
- traveller safety and security
- assistive technologies for older and disabled travellers
The group is at the forefront of the development of new technologies to help deliver and transform transport policy.
We achieve this through:
- the innovative use of new technologies
- horizon scanning to identify fundamental technical gaps and propose new solutions
- providing demonstrations (laboratory and field-trials) of emerging systems
- proof-of-concept studies
- technical and user evaluation of future systems
- Older Travellers and Technology Engagement (OTTE) (2016-17)
- LC TRANSFORMS (2015-2018)
- ITS Observatory (2015-2017)
- Gosforth Corridor (2015-2017): DfT
- CHAUVET (December 2016-February 2017)