Dr Ahmad Mustaffar
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0191 222 5747
- Address: School of Engineering
503, Merz Court,
Newcastle Upon Tyne,
MEng. (Heriot-Watt), PhD (Newcastle). My PhD thesis revolves around thermal energy storage, metal foams and heat pipes. In my 2.5 years post-doc (finishing on 31 August 2018), I work under Sanofi-Aventis, Spain (EU Horizon 2020), testing L-thyroxine drug granulation in a twin-screw granulator. Statistical technique and machine learning have been beneficial for analytical purposes.
Area of expertise
Twin screw granulation
Google scholar: Click here.
SCOPUS: Click here.
- Mustaffar A, Phan AN, Boodhoo K. Hybrid heat pipe screw dryer: A novel, continuous and highly energy-efficient drying technology. Chemical Engineering & Processing-Process Intensification 2018, 128, 199-215.
- Mustaffar AF, Reay D, Harvey AP. The melting of salt hydrate phase change material in an irregular metal foam for the application of traction transient cooling. Thermal Science and Engineering Progress 2018, 5, 454-465.
- Wang H, Mustaffar A, Phan A, Zivkovic V, Reay D, Law R, Boodhoo K. A review of process intensification applied to solids handling. Chemical Engineering and Processing 2017, 118, 78-107.
- Mustaffar A, Harvey A, Reay D. Melting of phase change material assisted by expanded metal mesh. Applied Thermal Engineering 2015, 90, 1052-1060.
- Law R, Reay DA, Mustaffar A, McGlen RJ, Underwood C, Ng B. Experimental investigation into the feasibility of using a variable conductance heat pipe for controlled heat release from a phase-change material thermal store. Thermal Science and Engineering Progress 2018, 7, 125-130.