Alessandro De Gennaro
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: +44 (0)191 208 8180
- Address: School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Newcastle upon Tyne
Alessandro was born in Torino (Italy) in 1990. In 2012, he obtained the Bachelor Degree in Computer Engineering from Politecnico di Torino, and in 2014, he achieved the Master Degree in Computer Engineering from the same institution. He is currently enrolled in a Ph.D. course in the school of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Newcastle University (UK), where he is also working within the microSystems Research Group, headed by Prof. Alexander Yakovlev, as a research assistant.
In 2012, he spent 6 months as intern in the Xeffe S.R.L., based in Torino, where he worked on the software development of a Java based platform for online job interviews. In 2014, he conducted his master degree final project at Newcastle University, where he worked on the development of a C tool for the efficient and automated encoding and hardware synthesis of hardware microcontrollers.
During his Ph.D. and the placement as Research Assistant, he has worked on a large class of hardware and software research projects, ranging from the design, modelling, synthesis and optimisation of synchronous and asynchronous reconfigurable hardware architectures, to the software development of EDA tools through imperative (C, C , Java) and functional programming (Haskell) languages.
Google scholar: Click here.
- Energy-efficient and high-performance computing
- Friendly and efficient modelling of complex systems
- Reconfigurable hardware architectures (synchronous and asynchronous)
- Formal representation of processor instruction sets
In 2106, Alessandro attended the Introduction to Learning and Teaching in Higher Education (ILTHE) course at Newcastle University. In 2017, he achieved the status of Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (UKPSF standard framework).
He has been a demonstrator in the EEE1008 course (C programming) since 2015, and he is currently the head demonstrator of such a module.
- Sokolov D, de Gennaro A, Mokhov A. Reconfigurable Asynchronous Pipelines: from Formal Models to Silicon. In: Design, Automation and Test in Europe (DATE). 2018, Dresden, Germany: IEEE. In Press.
- Brown A, Thomas D, Reeve J, Tarawneh G, De Gennaro A, Mokhov A, Naylor M, Kazmierski T. Distributed Event-Based Computing. In: Parallel Computing is Everywhere. Amsterdam: IOS Press BV, 2018, pp.583-592.
- Mokhov A, De Gennaro A, Tarawneh G, Wray J, Lukyanov G, Mileiko S, Scott J, Yakovlev A, Brown A. Language and Hardware Acceleration Backend for Graph Processing. In: FDL 2017 Forum on Specification & Design Languages. 2017, Verona, Italy: IEEE.
- Mokhov A, Cortadella J, De Gennaro A. Process Windows. In: 17th International Conference on Application of Concurrency to System Design. 2017, Zaragoza, Spain: IEEE.
- Lukyanov G, De Gennaro A, Mokhov A, Stankaitis P, Rykunov M. Prototyping Resilient Processing Cores in Workcraft. In: 2nd International Workshop on Resiliency in Embedded Electronic Systems. 2017, Lausanne, Switzerland: IEEE.
- de Gennaro A, Stankaitis P, Mokhov A. A Heuristic Algorithm for Deriving Compact Models of Processor Instruction Sets. In: 15th International Conference on Application of Concurrency to System Design. 2015, Brussels, Belgium: IEEE.