Dr Harriet Grigg
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 6219
Dr. Grigg studied Mechanical Engineering with Mathematical Modelling MEng at Newcastle University prior to obtaining a PhD in Mechanical Engineering for a thesis titled "The Principles and Practice of the Xylophone Bar Magnetometer" in 2014. Subsequent to playing a key role in the development of highly novel biosensor technology as part of the DSAW project, Dr. Grigg achieved the rank of Lecturer with the School of Mechanical and Systems Engineering in September 2014.
My vision is to be a leader in developing and integrating the new technologies that will drive the next generation of medical, industrial and consumer applications, encompassing conceptual development, mathematical modelling, mechanical design, optimisation, control, microfluidics, systems engineering, advanced materials, and manufacturing. I currently work as part of the MEMS and Sensors group at Newcastle, where we are developing and using cutting-edge theoretical expertise in wave propagation and numerical analysis in a diverse array of applications. Current projects include development of shear-mode MEMS resonant biosensors; bioinspired robotics; noise mitigation in offshore pile driving; dynamics, applications and manufacturing of integrated spatiotemporally periodic systems; microfluidic integration of biosensor arrays; and the development of novel sense mechanisms based on mode localisation via symmetry breaking in periodic electromechanical structures.
- Gallacher BJ, Burdess JS, Hu ZX, Grigg HT, Dale C, Hedley J, Fu C, Spoors J, O'Meara N, Keegan N. Experimental verification of a quasi-trapped degenerate mode magnetic acoustic resonator. Sensors and Actuators A: Physical 2018, 269, 238-248.
- Hanley TH, Gallacher BJ, Grigg HTD. On the Exploitation of Mode Localization in Surface Acoustic Wave MEMS. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing 2017, 89, 27-36.
- Burdess JS, Gallacher BJ, Grigg HT, Hu ZX, Dale C, Keegan N, Hedley J, Fu C, Spoors J. The theory of a trapped degenerate mode resonator. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 2017, 141(6), 4622-4632.
- ZX Hu, Gallacher BJ, Burdess J, Bowles SR, Grigg HTD. A systematic approach for precision electrostatic mode tuning of a MEMS gyroscope. Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering 2014, 24(12), 125003.
- Grigg HTD, Gallacher BJ. An efficient general approach to modal analysis of frame resonators with applications to support loss in microelectromechanical systems. Journal of Sound and Vibration 2014, 333(19), 4724-4749.
- Gallacher BJ, Hu Z, Harish K, Bowles S, Grigg H. The Application of Parametric Excitation in Resonant MEMS Gyroscopes. In: Awrejcewicz, J, ed. Applied Non-Linear Dynamical Systems. Springer, 2014, pp.473-492.
- Grigg HTD, Gallacher BJ. Efficient Parametric Optimisation of Support Loss in MEMS beam resonators via an enhanced Rayleigh-Ritz method. Journal of Physics: Conference Series 2012, 382(1), 012028.
- Grigg HTD, Gallacher BJ. Efficient Parametric Optimisation of Support Loss in MEMS beam resonators via an enhanced Rayleigh-Ritz method. In: Modern Practice in Stress and Vibration Analysis 2012 (MPSVA 2012). 2012, University of Glasgow: IOP Publishing.
- Joyce TJ, Grigg H, Langton DJ, Nargol AVF. Quantification of self-polishing in vivo from explanted metal-on-metal total hip replacements. Tribology International 2011, 44(5), 513-516.
- Joyce TJ, Langton DJ, Lord J, Grigg H, Jameson SS, Cooke N, Tulloch C, Logishetty R, Meek D, Nargol AVF. Explant analysis of metal on metal (MoM) hip components retrieved following adverse reactions to metal debris (ARMD). In: British Hip Society. 2010, Sheffield, UK.
- Joyce T, Grigg H, Langton D, Nargol T. Quantification of Self-Polishing from Ex Vivo 36mm Metal-on-Metal Total Hip Prostheses. In: 56th Annual Meeting of the Orthopaedic Research Society. 2010, New Orleans, LA, USA.
- Joyce T, Grigg H, Langton D, Nargol A. First quantification of self-polishing from ex vivo metal-on-metal total hip replacements. In: Proceedings of the British Orthopaedic Association Annual Congress. 2009, Manchester, UK.
- Joyce TJ, Grigg H, Langton DJ, Nargol AVF. First Quantification of Self-Polishing In Vivo from Explanted Metal-on-Metal Total Hip Replacements. In: Proceedings of the European Conference on Tribology (EcoTrib). 2009, Pisa, Italy.
- Joyce TJ, Grigg H. In vitro wear tests of all cobalt chrome couples, with and without an amorphous coating. In: Proceedings of the British Orthopaedic Research Society (BORS) annual meeting. 2009, Newcastle, UK.
- Joyce TJ, Grigg H, Langton DJ, Nargol AVF. Quantification of self-polishing from ex vivo metal-on-metal total hip replacements. In: Proceedings of the British Orthopaedic Research Society (BORS) Annual Meeting. 2009, Newcastle, UK.
- Joyce TJ, Grigg H, Langton DJ, Nargol AVF. Quantification of self-polishing in vivo from explanted metal-on-metal total replacements. In: Proceedings of the IV World Tribology Congress. 2009, Kyoto, Japan.
- Joyce TJ, Grigg H. The wear of all cobalt chrome couples, with and without an amorphous carbon coating. In: Proceedings of the IV World Tribology Congress. 2009, Kyoto, Japan.
- Joyce TJ, Grigg H. The Wear of Cobalt Chrome against Cobalt Chrome, with and without an Amorphous Carbon Coating. In: European Conference on Tribology (EcoTrib). 2009, Pisa, Italy.