Dr Jun Luo
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: School of Engineering,
Room E4.12, Merz Court
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Dr Jun wen Luo holds an MSc in Automation and Control from the Newcastle University and did his PhD in Biomedical Engineering under Patrick Degenaar and Alex Yakovlev in Newcastle University. Currently he is a research associate in CANDO project. Before that, he was a visiting academic at Massachusetts Institute of Technology at 2010-2011, and was a Research Assistant at City University of Hong Kong at 2013. He main research areas are neuromorphic circuits design, spiking neural network modelling and neuroprosthesis.
Areas of expertise
Neuromorphic circuits design
Spiking neural network modelling
- Luo J, Nikolic K, Evans B, Dong N, Sun X, Andras P, Yakovlev A, Degenaar P. Optogenetics in Silicon: A Neural Processor for Predicting Optically Active Neural Networks. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems 2017, 11(1), 15-27.
- Luo JW, Coapes G, Mak T, Yamazaki T, Tin C, Degenaar P. Real-Time Simulation of Passage-of-Time Encoding in Cerebellum Using a Scalable FPGA-Based System. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems 2016, 10(3), 742-753.
- Luo JW. Digital neural circuits : from ions to networks. Newcastle upon Tyne: Newcastle University, 2015. Available at: http://hdl.handle.net/10443/2820.