Dr Maria Pregnolato
EPSRC Research Fellow
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: School of Engineering
Room 3.17, Cassie Building
Newcastle upon Tyne
Maria Pregnolato is an EPSRC Research Fellow in the School of Engineering at Newcastle University, and ITRC-MISTRAL affiliated Fellow. She has been awarded the Living With Environmental Change (LWEC) Early-career resercher Fellowship (from March 2018) to investigate the impact of flooding on bridges and transportation systems.
Maria earned her MSc in Building Engineering in Italy in collaboration with the Tongji University of Shanghai (China). In 2014 she moved to Newcastle University to start he rPhD project “Risk analysis of the disruption to urban transport networks from pluvial flooding”, under the supervision of Prof. Richard Dawson. The research explored the impact of flooding on road networks, and leads to the development of an integrated flood-transport model. In 2017, she was appointed as an RA for the project ITRC-MISTRAL, to work on the development of national infrastructure analytics.
Area of expertise
- Urban resilience
Google scholar: Click here.
SCOPUS: Click here.
- Pregnolato M, Ford A, Glenis V, Wilkinson S, Dawson R. Impact of climate change on disruption to urban transport networks from pluvial flooding. Journal of Infrastructure Systems 2017, 23(4), 04017015.
- Pregnolato M, Ford A, Dawson R. Disruption and adaptation of urban transport networks from flooding. In: 3rd European Conference on Flood Risk Management (FLOODrisk 2016). 2016, Lyon: EDP Sciences.
- Pregnolato M, Ford A, Dawson R. Analysis Of The Risk of Transport Infrastructure Disruption From Extreme Rainfall. In: 12th International Conference on Applications of Statistics and Probability in Civil Engineering, ICASP12. 2015, Vancouver, B.C., Canada: University of British Columbia.
- Ford A, Pregnolato M, Jenkins K, Barr S, Dawson R. Assessing the need for infrastructure adaptation by simulating impacts of extreme weather events on urban transport infrastructure. In: GISRUK 2015. 2015, Leeds, UK.
- Pregnolato M, Ford A, Wilkinson SM, Dawson RJ. The impact of flooding on road transport: A depth-disruption function. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment 2017, 55, 67-81.
- Pregnolato M, Ford A, Robson C, Glenis V, Barr S, Dawson RJ. Assessing urban strategies for reducing the impacts of extreme weather on infrastructure networks. Royal Society Open Science 2016, 3(5), 160023.
- Pregnolato M, Galasso C, Parisi F. A Compendium of Existing Vulnerability and Fragility Relationships for Flood: Preliminary Results. In: 12th International Conference on Applications of Statistics and Probability in Civil Engineering, ICASP 2015. 2015, Vancouver, B.C., Canada: University of British Columbia.
- Pregnolato M, Ford A, Dawson RJ. Climate and change: simulating flooding impacts on urban transport network. In: EGU General Assembly 2015. 2015, Vienna, Austria: Copernicus.
- Ford A, Jenkins K, Dawson R, Pregnolato M, Barr S, Hall J. Simulating impacts of extreme weather events on urban transport infrastructure in the UK. In: ISNGI 2014. 2014, Vienna, Austria.
- Heidrich O, Rybski D, Pregnolato M, Dawson R, Kropp J. A Life Cycle Costing framework to assess the costs of climate change adaptation options. In: Cities and Climate Conference 2017. 2017, Potsdam, Germany.
- Pregnolato M, Ford A, Heidrich O, Dawson R. Impact of pluvial flooding and adaptation in urban transport systems. In: 7th International Conference on Flood Management (ICFM7). 2017, Leeds, UK.
- Heidrich O, Pregnolato M, Dawson R. The costs of adaptation- a Life cycle costing framework to assess sea dikes. In: 7th International Conference on Flood Management (ICFM7). 2017, Leeds, UK.