- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0191 208 2412
- Address: School of Engineering,
Room E1.17, Merz Court,
Newcastle upon Tyne,
I am an electrical machine design engineer. In my PhD, I worked on the designing of fault tolerant permanent magnet assisted switched reluctance machine used for the nose-wheel steering system of an aeroplane. Currently I am working on two projects as a research assistant.
1) The first project is about the designing and simulation of the electrical machines for a High Altitude Pseudo-Satellite (HAPS). The project is funded by Airbus Europe. Three different machines will be designed and optimised for Zephyr S and Zephyr T models. The future work will include the building and testing of these machines.
2) The second project is about the designing of an 80 KW integrated drive machine for automotive applications. The project theme is Next Generation Integrated Drive funded by EPSRC. The work includes optimisation of the machine at the base speed and peak speed. The future work will include building and testing of the machine with integrated power electronics.
Areas of expertise
Electrical machines design engineer
- Mohamed MAS, Lambert SM, Mecrow BC, Deng X, Ullah S, Smith AC. Integrating the magnetics of an LCL filter into a high speed machine with pre-compressed coils. In: IEEE International Electric Machines and Drives Conference (IEMDC). 2017, Miami, FL, USA: IEEE.
- Deng X, Lambert S, Mecrow B, Mohamed MAS, Ullah S. Winding Connection Solution for an Integrated Synchronous Motor Drive. In: 2017 IEEE International Electric Machines and Drives Conference (IEMDC). 2017, Miami, FL, USA: IEEE.
- Ullah S, McDonald SP, Martin R, Atkinson GJ. A permanent magnet assisted switched reluctance machine for more electric aircraft. In: 2016 22nd International Conference on Electrical Machines, ICEM 2016. 2016, Lausanne, Switzerland: Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- McDonald SP, Atkinson GJ, Martin R, Ullah S. Magnetically biased inductor for an aerospace switched reluctance drive. In: 2015 IEEE International Electric Machines & Drives Conference (IEMDC). 2015, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho: IEEE.
- McDonald SP, Atkinson GJ, Smith DJB, Ullah S. Overcoming the challenges of "drag torque" in a dual-lane actuator for an aircraft. In: 2014 International Conference on Electrical Machines (ICEM). 2014, Berlin, Germany: IEEE.