- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 5098
- Address: School of Engineering
Newcastle upon Tyne
Serena Lim received her PhD from Newcastle University in 2015 for research in offshore hydrodynamics. Main research area was on methodology development of Scaled Boundary Finite Element Method. Currently, she is a research associate in the School of Marine Science and Technology, researching the holistic energy efficiency management of vessels. Prior to full time research, Serena worked as a teaching assistant at Newcastle University International Singapore, teaching naval architecture and marine engineering applications.
Area of expertise
- Marine hydrodynamics
- Offshore engineering
- Sensor technology
- Data management
- Vessel energy management
- Lim S, Carchen a, Pazouki K, Murphy AJ, Younessi S, Graham N. Systematic Rationale for assessing energy flow across the entire vessel operation. In: Energy Efficient Ships 2016. 2016, London, UK: Royal Institution of Naval Architects.
- Lim S, Pazouki K, Murphy AJ, Younessi S, Graham N. Systematic ship energy efficiency audit and data unification. In: Shipping in Changing Climate 2016. 2016, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
- Lim S, Tao L. Wave Diffraction Forces on Offshore Wind Turbine Piles With an Octagonal Cross Section. In: 32nd International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering. 2013, Nantes, France: American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- Lim S, Pazouki K, Murphy AJ. Holistic energy mapping methodology for reduced fuel consumption and emissions. In: ASME 2017 36th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering. 2017, Trondheim, Norway: ASME.
- Lim S, Coraddu A, Pazouki K, Murphy AJ, Younessi S, Judd M. Standardisation of Data Monitoring On-Board Vessels. In: 12th Conference on Sustainable Development of Energy, Water and Environment Systems (SDEWES). 2017, Dubrovnik, Croatia.
- Lim S, Tao L. Analysis of octagonal pile supporting offshore wind turbines under wave loads. In: ASME 2014 33rd International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering. 2014, San Francisco, CA: ASME.
- Zhao D, Hu Z, Chen G, Lim S, Wang S. Nonlinear sloshing in rectangular tanks under forced excitation. International Journal of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering 2018, Epub ahead of print.