Dr Valentine Eze
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 5747 &+44 (0)7579154408
- Address: School of Engineering
Room C503, Merz Court Building
Newcastle upon Tyne
Dr Valentine C. Eze obtained a BSc (1st Class Hons) and an MSc in Industrial Chemistry from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. He also earned an MSc (Distinction) in Applied Instrumentation & Control from the Glasgow Caledonian University, Scotland. Dr V.C. Eze received a PhD from the Newcastle University for his studies on “The use of mesoscale oscillatory baffled reactors for rapid screening of heterogeneously catalysed biodiesel production reactions”. He joined the service of the Newcastle University in 2014, as a Research Associate in the School of Chemical Engineering and Advanced Materials.
Area of expertise: Process intensification, bioenergy process, catalysis, process modelling, and instrumental chemical analysis
Google scholar: Click here.
SCOPUS: Click here.
- Horie T, Shiota S, Akagi T, Ohmura N, Wang S, Eze V, Harvey A, Hirata Y. Intensification of hollow fiber membrane cross-flow filtration by the combination of helical baffle and oscillatory flow. Journal of Membrane Science 2018, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Eze VC, Phan AN, Harvey AP. Intensified one-step biodiesel production from high water and free fatty acid waste cooking oils. Fuel 2018, 220, 567-574.
- Eze V, Velasquez-Orta SB, Hernandez-Garcia A, Monje-Ramirez I, Orta-Ledesma MT. Kinetic modelling of microalgae cultivation for wastewater treatment and carbon dioxide sequestration. Algal Research 2018, 32, 131-141.
- Eze VC, Fisher JC, Phan AN, Harvey AP. Intensification of Carboxylic Acid Esterification using a Solid Catalyst in a Mesoscale Oscillatory Baffled Reactor Platform. Chemical Engineering Journal 2017, 322, 205-214.
- Eze VC, Abegão FJR, Harvey AP, Carroll M. Heterogeneous Catalytic Processes for Valorisation of Crude Glycerol from Biodiesel Productions. In: 2nd International Conference on Green Chemistry and Sustainable Engineering. 2016, Rome, Italy.
- Eze VC, Harvey AP, Phan AN. Determination of the kinetics of biodiesel saponification in alcoholic hydroxide solutions. Fuel 2015, 140, 724-730.
- Eze VC, Phan AN, Harvey AP. A more robust model of the biodiesel reaction, allowing identification of process conditions for significantly enhanced rate and water tolerance. Bioresource Technology 2014, 156, 222-231.
- Eze VC, Phan AN, Pirez C, Harvey AP, Lee AF, Wilson K. Heterogeneous catalysis in an oscillatory baffled flow reactor. Catalysis Science and Technology 2013, 3(9), 2373-2379.
- Phan AN, Harvey AP, Eze V. Rapid Production of Biodiesel in Mesoscale Oscillatory Baffled Reactors. Chemical Engineering & Technology 2012, 35(7), 1214-1220.
- Eze VC, Harvey AP. Continuous reactive coupling of glycerol and acetone – A strategy for triglyceride transesterification and in-situ valorisation of glycerol by-product. Chemical Engineering Journal 2018, 347, 41-51.
- Eze VC, Harvey AP. Extractive recovery and valorisation of arsenic from contaminated soil through phytoremediation using Pteris cretica. Chemosphere 2018, 208, 484-492.