Dr Wanqun Chen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0191 208 5662
- Address: School of Engineering
M26, Stephenson Building
University of Newcastle
Newcastle upon Tyne
Dr. Wanqun Chen joined School of Engineering of Newcastle University in 2015. Previously he worked at Harbin institute of technology, University of Strathclyde and University of Huddersfield in UK, where he performed research under two number of EPSRC projects in developing precision machine tools and vibration assisted micro milling. Currently his work in precision manufacturing is focused on ultra-precision machine design, dynamic analysis and ultra-precision machining. He has published more than 60 peer reviewed papers and 6 patents. One of his paper won the B. John Davies best paper prize for papers published in IJAMT 2015. Currently he is working on a NSFC (National Science Foundation of China) project as PI and a number of other projects as co-I.
Area of expertise: ultraprecision machining, vibration assisted machining, machine tool design
Google scholar: Click here.
- Chen W, Lu L, Yang K, Huo D, Su H, Zhang Q. A novel machine tool design approach based on surface generation simulation and its implementation on a fly cutting machine tool. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology 2015.
- Teng X, Huo D, Shyha I, Chen W, Wong E. An experimental study on tool wear behaviour in micro milling of nano Mg/Ti metal matrix composites. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology 2018, Epub ahead of print.
- Chen W, Teng X, Zheng L, Xie W, Huo D. Burr reduction mechanism in vibration-assisted micro milling. Manufacturing Letters 2018, 16, 6-9.
- Teng X, Huo D, Chen W, Wong E, Zheng L, Shyha I. Finite element modelling on cutting mechanism of nano Mg/SiC metal matrix composites considering cutting edge radius. Journal of Manufacturing Processes 2018, 32, 116-126.
- Chen W, Huo D, Hale J, Ding H. Kinematics and tool-workpiece separation analysis of vibration assisted milling. International Journal of Mechanical Sciences 2018, 136, 169-178.
- Chen W, Zheng L, Huo D, Chen Y. Surface texture formation by non-resonant vibration assisted micro milling. Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering 2018, 28(2), 025006.
- Chen W, Teng X, Huo D, Wang Q. An improved cutting force model for micro milling considering machining dynamics. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology 2017, 93(9-12), 3005-3016.
- Teng X, Huo D, Chen W. An investigation into finite element modelling of micro machining of nano Mg/SiC metal matrix composites. In: 17th International Conference of the European Society for Precision Engineering and Nanotechnology, EUSPEN 2017. 2017, Hannover, Germany: euspen.
- Chen W, Huo D, Hale J. Investigation on cutting mechanism in vibration assisted micro milling. In: 17th International Conference of the European Society for Precision Engineering and Nanotechnology, EUSPEN 2017. 2017, Hannover, Germany: euspen.
- Huo D, Chen W, Teng X, Lin C, Yang K. Modeling the Influence of Tool Deflection on Cutting Force and Surface Generation in Micro-Milling. Micromachines 2017, 8(6), 1-10.
- Chen W, Huo D, Teng X, Sun Y. Surface generation modelling for micro end milling considering the minimum chip thickness and tool runout. Procedia CIRP 2017, 58, 364-369.
- Lu L, Chen W, Yu N, Wang Z, Chen G. Aerostatic thrust bearing performances analysis considering the fluid-structure coupling effect. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part J: Journal of Engineering Tribology 2016, 230(12), 1588-1596.
- Chen W, Huo D, Xie W, Teng X, Zhang J. Integrated simulation method for interaction between manufacturing process and machine tool. Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering 2016, 29(6), 1090-1095.
- Chen W, Xie W, Huo D, Yang K. A novel 3D surface generation model for micro milling based on homogeneous matrix transformation and dynamic regenerative effect. International Journal of Mechanical Sciences 2018, 144, 146-157.
- Chen W, Huo D, Shi Y, Hale J. State-of-the-art review on vibration-assisted milling: principle, system design, and application. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology 2018, (ePub ahead of Print).