Electrical and Electronic Engineering
All our degrees are accredited to meet the needs of industry.
Electrical and electronic engineering is a fascinating field, with strong employment prospects and a wide variety of exciting career options.
We will nurture you from a student into a professional engineer, empowering you through practical project work and research-informed teaching. With projects designed in collaboration with leading companies, you will develop the skills and knowledge demanded by industry. Our graduates have found employment with prominent companies such as:
- Siemens UK
- Jaguar Land Rover
See what our students say about our courses in Electrical and Electronic Engineering and studying at Newcastle University.
- Automation and Control: BEng Honours H660
- Digital Electronics: BEng Honours H990
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering: BEng Honours H607
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering with Foundation Year: BEng Honours H604
- Electrical Power Engineering: BEng Honours H623
- Electronics and Computer Engineering: BEng Honours H652
- Electronic Communications: BEng Honours H640
- Microelectronic Engineering: BEng Honours H611
The fourth year of the MEng includes an industrial placement and the chance to study Masters level specialist modules.
- Automation and Control: MEng Honours H661
- Digital Electronics: MEng Honours H991
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering: MEng Honours H605
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering with Foundation Year: MEng Honours H606
- Electrical Power Engineering: MEng Honours H622
- Electronics and Computer Engineering: MEng Honours H654
- Electronic Communications: MEng Honours H621
- Microelectronic Engineering: MEng Honours H612
All of our UK-based undergraduate programmes are Institute of Engineering Technology (IET) and Engineering Council accredited. This will provide students with a good foundation for professional registration and shows that our programmes have been assessed against defined and accepted standard criteria to meet the needs of industry.