Surveying, Mapping & GIS
You benefit from excellent links to the international geomatics industry throughout your degree
Surveying, mapping and Geographical Information Systems (GIS) learning and research has a long, rich history at Newcastle University.
From satellite analysis of environmental change to precision measurement of major civil engineering projects, these courses help you to see the world differently.
Our students come from a wide range of backgrounds including science, geography, maths and ICT.
Read our student profile to see why current student Niel chose the course.
Read our student blog where current student Tim talks about his Stage 1 field course.
Led by our Geomatics group, we offer the following:
- Mapping and Geospatial Data Science: MSci Honours H270
- Mapping and Geospatial Data Science with Year in Industry: MSci Honours H271
- Surveying and Mapping Science: BSc Honours H244
- Surveying and Mapping Science with Year in Industry: BSc Honours H249
- Geographic Information Science: BSc Honours F862
- Geographic Information Science with Year in Industry: BSc Honours F867
Field and practical work are key parts of our courses, with fantastic links to employers for both placement and graduate jobs.