Develop into a fantastic geographer with degrees offering variety and specialism.
We undertake and circulate human geography research of the highest international standard.
Geography at Newcastle University is a premier research area with a major focus on the fields of social science and physical geography.
We offer a range of excellent postgraduate research opportunities in a School that has gained international acclaim for its work.
Students on both our undergraduate and postgraduate taught programmes benefit from the research-led teaching we are able to offer.
- Degrowth and Christiania – I saw how Copenhagen’s collective living experiment can work (The Conversation)
- Dr Simon Tate recognised in 2018 Vice-Chancellor's Education Excellence Awards
- Dr Robert Shaw on BBC Radio 4 Thinking Allowed
- Peter Hopkins, Professor of Social Geography, has been appointed to a new role of Newcastle University's Dean of Social Justice.
- Why Old Enclaves and New Islands Matter to Travelers
'Geography's place in the world: past, present, future'
Date/Time: 2018/04/26 17:30-18.30
Paula Turner presentation, Leverhulme artist in residence
Date/Time: 2nd May 2018 13.00-14.30