Develop into a fantastic geographer with degrees offering variety and specialism.
We undertake and circulate human geography research of the highest international standard.
Geography at Newcastle University is a premier research area with a major focus on the fields of social science and physical geography.
We offer a range of excellent postgraduate research opportunities in a School that has gained international acclaim for its work.
Students on both our undergraduate and postgraduate taught programmes benefit from the research-led teaching we are able to offer.
- Degrowth and Christiania – I saw how Copenhagen’s collective living experiment can work (The Conversation)
- Dr Simon Tate recognised in 2018 Vice-Chancellor's Education Excellence Awards
- Dr Robert Shaw on BBC Radio 4 Thinking Allowed
- Peter Hopkins, Professor of Social Geography, has been appointed to a new role of Newcastle University's Dean of Social Justice.
- Why Old Enclaves and New Islands Matter to Travelers
Necio Turra Neto
Date/Time: 6th February 2019 16:00-17:00
Fluvial sediment loads to the Mekong delta: How they are changing and why it matters
Date/Time: 27th February 2019 15:00-16:00
Ice: Nature and Culture
Date/Time: 13th March 2019 15:00-16:00