Our undergraduate sociology degrees examine the social forces that shape everyday lives.
We offer two taught courses and supervision for research degrees in an innovative research environment.
Sociology at Newcastle is a unit known for the high quality of our teaching and research. We were ranked 13th in the UK in the Research Excellence Framework 2014. 72% of our research activity is graded as being of international significance (4*/3*).
One of our strengths is the positive relationship we build with our students. This is made possible by our size. Student satisfaction regularly scores 90% or higher in the National Student Survey.
- New guide aims to improve toilet provision for disabled people
- Fellowship Success for Dr Audrey Verma
- Dr Anselma Gallinat wins large AHRC grant
- Professor Diane Richardson becomes a Fellow of the Academy of Social Sciences
- Diane Richardson in Sociology has an article nominated for the 2018 Sage Prize for Innovation
Unlocking Sustainable Cities
Date/Time: 27th February 2019 16:00-17:00
Date/Time: 20th MArch 2019 16:00-17:00
The need to prevent poverty and the costs of neglecting that goal
Date/Time: 1st May 2019 16:00-17:00