Dr Jo Swaffield
Research Excellence Academy Fellow
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0191 208 3690
- Address: Politics Building
40-42 Great North Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
- Evans D, Welch D, Swaffield J. Constructing and mobilizing ‘the consumer’: Responsibility, consumption and the politics of sustainability. Environment and Planning A 2017, 49(6), 1396-1412.
- Swaffield J. Freebies, freedom and fundamental change: resistance to neoliberal environmentalism in large ‘green’ corporations. Local Environment: The International Journal of Justice and Sustainability 2016, 22(5), 553-567.
- Swaffield J. After a decade of critique: neoliberal environmentalism, discourse analysis and the promotion of climate-protecting behaviour in the workplace. Geoforum 2016, 70, 119-129.
- Bell D, Gray T, Haggett C, Swaffield J. Re-visiting the ‘social gap’: public opinion and relations of power in the local politics of wind energy. Environmental Politics 2013, 22, 115-135.
- Swaffield J, Bell D. Can 'climate champions' save the planet? A critical reflection on neoliberal social change. Environmental Politics 2012, 21(2), 248-267.
- Swaffield J, Evans D, Welch D. Profit, reputation and ‘doing the right thing’: convention theory and the problem of food waste in the UK retail sector. Geoforum 2018, 89, 43–51.
- Evans D, Welch D, Swaffield J. Supermarkets, the ‘consumer’ and responsibilities for sustainable food. In: T. Marsden, ed. The SAGE Handbook of Nature. London, UK: Sage Publications Ltd, 2018.
- Welch D, Swaffield J, Evans D. Who's Responsible for Food Waste? Consumers, Retailers and the Food Waste Discourse Coalition in the UK. Journal of Consumer Culture 2018. In Press.