Dr Stephen Brough
Post-Doctoral Research Associate
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0)191 208 4729
- Address: School of Geography, Politics and Sociology,
Newcastle upon Tyne
My research uses a combination of geogrpahical information systems (GIS), remote sensing and numerical modelling to better understand how ice masses (on Earth and Mars) respond to climatic changes. Current focus is on:
- Response of polar ice masses to climatic change
- Late Amazonian climatic change and glaciation on Mars
- Integrating new technologies (e.g. UAVs) and computer processing (e.g. Google Earth Engine) into geoscience research
2017 - Postdoctoral Research Associate, Newcastle University
2016 - 2017 Teaching Fellow in Physical Geography, Keele University
2016 Teaching Fellow in Environmental Science, Aberystwyth University (placed at Hohai University, Nanjing, China)
2015 Teaching Fellow in Environmental Science, Aberystwyth University (placed at Hohai University, Nanjing, China)
2013 - 2017 PhD Glaciology, Aberystwyth University
2011 - 2012 Msc Glaciology (Distinction), Aberystwyth University
2006 - 2010 BSc (Hons) Applied Environmental Science and Geography (First Class), Keele University
Google Scholar: Here
- Brough S, Hubbard B, Hubbard A. Area and volume of mid-latitude glacier-like forms on Mars. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 2019, 507, 10-20.
- Ryan JC, Hubbard A, Box JE, Brough S, Cameron K, Cook JM, Cooper M, Doyle SH, Edwards A, Holt T, Irvine-Fynn T, Jones C, Pitcher LH, Rennermalm AK, Smith LC, Stibal M, Snooke N. Derivation of High Spatial Resolution Albedo from UAV Digital Imagery: Application over the Greenland Ice Sheet. Frontiers in Earth Science 2017, 5, 40.
- Brough S, Hubbard B, Hubbard A. Former extent of glacier-like forms on Mars. Icarus 2016, 274, 37-49.
- Brough S, Hubbard B, Souness C, Grindrod PM, Davis J. Landscapes of polyphases glaciation: eastern Hellas Planitia, Mars. Journal of Maps 2016, 12(3), 530-542.
- Hubbard B, Souness C, Brough S. Glacier-like forms on Mars. The Cryosphere 2014, 8, 2047-2061.