We offer work experience placements for 16 to 18-year-olds with an interest in our work. These placements are for one week subject to availability of our academic staff.
If you would like to apply, please send us the following information:
- relevant forms from your school indicating what they expect from placement and what information they require from us
- a contact or reference from your school
- a short personal statement including:
- information about yourself and your experience to date
- what interests you about the institute and why
- what you hope to gain from a placement with the institute
We offer a small number of volunteer 'research experience' placements for undergraduate students within our different research areas. These are during the summer vacation and occasionally at other times of the year.
To apply, please send the following information:
- name of the principal investigator whose work interests you
- CV detailing your academic qualifications
- brief description of your particular research interest, career aspirations and how you would benefit from the placement
Find more opportunities for undergraduate students through the School of Biomedical Sciences.
Due to health and safety restrictions we are not able to offer hands-on research experience to school students aged under 18.