Dr Iram Haq
Wellcome Trust Research Training Fellow
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: ICM,
Room 2.049, Leech Building,
Newcastle upon Tyne,
I am interested in cystic fibrosis (CF) research with a focus on the development of ex vivo primary nasal and bronchial epithelial culture models from children to investigate CF pathophysiology. My PhD has investigated the expression and function of TMEM16A, an epithelial calcium activated chloride channel, in the paediatric airway, and the potential for its role as a therapeutic strategy in CF.
Google scholar: Click here.
- Zainal Abidin N, Haq IJ, Gardner AI, Brodlie M. Ataluren in cystic fibrosis: development, clinical studies and where are we now?. Expert Opinion on Pharmacotherapy 2017, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Ibrahim SH, Turner MJ, Saint-Criq V, Garnett J, Haq IJ, Brodlie M, Ward C, Borgo C, Salvi M, Venerando A, Gray MA. CK2 is a key regulator of SLC4A2- mediated Cl-/HCO3- exchange in human airway epithelia. Pflugers Arch 2017, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Haq IJ, Battersby AC, Eastham K, McKean M. Community acquired pneumonia in children. BMJ 2017, 356, j686.
- Haq I, Harris C, Taylor J, McKean MC, Brodlie M. Should we use montelukast in wheezy children?. Archives of Disease in Childhood 2017, 102(11), 997-998.
- Haq IJ, Gardner A, Brodlie M. A multifunctional bispecific antibody against Pseudomonas aeruginosa as a potential therapeutic strategy. Annals of Translational Medicine 2016, 4(1), 12.
- Haq IJ, Gray MA, Garnett JP, Ward C, Brodlie M. Airway surface liquid homeostasis in cystic fibrosis: pathophysiology and therapeutic targets. Thorax 2016, 71(3), 284-287.
- Brodlie M, Haq IJ, Roberts K, Elborn JS. Targeted therapies to improve CFTR function in cystic fibrosis. Genome Medicine 2015, 7(1), 101.
- Haq I, Gopalakaje S, Fenton AC, McKean MC, O'Brien C, Brodlie M. The evidence for high flow nasal cannula devices in infants. Paediatric Respiratory Reviews 2014, 15(2), 124-134.
- Haq IJ, Steinberg LJ, Hoenig M, van der Burg M, Villa A, Cant AJ, Middleton PG, Gennery AR. GvHD-associated cytokine polymorphisms do not associate with Omenn syndrome rather than T-B- SCID in patients with defects in RAG genes. Clinical Immunology 2007, 124(2), 165-169.