Dr Vicky Brocklebank
MRC Clinical Research Fellow
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0191 28 20385
- Address: National Renal Complement Therapeutics Centre
Royal Victoria Infirmary,
Queen Victoria Road,
Newcastle upon Tyne,
I studied Medicine (2006) and an intercalated BSc in Medical Microbiology and Immunology (2003) at Newcastle University. I commenced specialty trainee in Renal Medicine and General Internal Medicine in the Northern Deanery (currently ST6) after working abroad in New Zealand and Malaysia. I completed a MSc in Genomic Medicine at Newcastle University in 2018. I am currently a MRC/KRUK clinical research training fellow undertaking a PhD at Newcastle University.
- Brocklebank V, Kavanagh D. Complement C5-inhibiting therapy for the thrombotic microangiopathies: accumulating evidence, but not a panacea. Clinical Kidney Journal 2017, 10(5), 600-624.
- Brocklebank V, Johnson S, Sheerin TP, Marks SD, Gilbert RD, Tyerman K, Kinoshita M, Awan A, Kaur A, Webb N, Hegde S, Finlay E, Fitzpatrick M, Walsh P, Wong EKS, Booth C, Kerecuk L, Salama A, Almond M, Inward C, Goodship TH, Sheerin N, Marchbank KJ, Kavanagh D. Factor H autoantibody is associated with atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome in children in the United Kingdom and Ireland. Kidney International 2017, 92(5), Pages 1261-1271.
- Walsh PR, Johnson S, Brocklebank V, Salvatore J, Christian M, Kavanagh D. Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase Deficiency Mimicking Atypical Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome. American Journal of Kidney Diseases 2018, 71(2), 287-290.
- Bruel A, Kavanagh D, Noris M, Delmas Y, Wong E, Bresin E, Provôt F, Brocklebank V, Mele C, Remuzzi G, Loirat C, Frémeaux-Bacchi V, Fakhouri F. Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome in Pregnancy and Post-Partum. Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology 2017, 12(8), 1237-1247.
- Dowen F, Wood K, Brown AL, Palfrey J, Kavanagh D, Brocklebank V. Rare genetic variants in Shiga toxin–associated haemolytic uraemic syndrome: genetic analysis prior to transplantation is essential. Clinical Kidney Journal 2017, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Challis RC, Ring T, Xu Y, Wong EKS, Flossmann O, Roberts ISD, Ahmed S, Wetherall M, Salkus G, Brocklebank B, Fester J, Strain L, Wilson V, Wood KM, Marchbank KJ, Santibanez-Koref M, Goodship THJ, Kavanagh D. Thrombotic Microangiopathy in Inverted Formin 2-Mediated Renal Disease. Journal of the American Society of Nephrology 2017, 28(4), 1084-1091.
- Challis RC, Araujo GSR, Wong EKS, Anderson HE, Awan A, Dorman AM, Waldron M, Wilson V, Brocklebank V, Strain L, Morgan BP, Harris CL, Marchbank KJ, Goodship THJ, Kavanagh D. A De Novo Deletion in the Regulators of Complement Activation Cluster Producing a Hybrid Complement Factor H/Complement Factor H–Related 3 Gene in Atypical Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome. Journal of the American Society of Nephrology 2016, 27(6), 1617-1624.
- Phillips EH, Westwood JP, Brocklebank V, Wong EKS, Tellez JO, Marchbank KJ, McGuckin S, Gale DP, Connolly J, Goodship THJ, Kavanagh D, Scully MA. The role of ADAMTS-13 activity and complement mutational analysis in differentiating acute thrombotic microangiopathies. Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis 2016, 14(1), 175-185.
- Wong EKS, Miller E, Brocklebank V, Bellamy C, Harris C, Neary J, Metcalfe W, Atkinson J, Goodship THJ, Kavanagh D, Richards A. Characterisation of a C3 Mutation with Increased Resistance to Complement Regulation in an Individual with Recurrent C3GN in a Renel Transplant. In: 52nd Congress of the ERA-EDTA. 2015, London, UK: Oxford University Press.
- Sevinc M, Basturk T, Sahutoglu T, Sakaci T, Koc Y, Ahbap E, Akgol C, Kara E, Brocklebank V, Goodship THJ, Kavanagh D, Unsal A. Plasma resistant atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome associated with a CFH mutation treated with eculizumab: A case report. Journal of Medical Case Reports 2015, 9, 92.
- Brocklebank V, Wong EKS, Fielding R, Goodship THJ, Kavanagh D. Atypical haemolytic uraemic syndrome associated with a CD46 mutation triggered by Shigella flexneri. Clinical Kidney Journal 2014, 7(3), 286-288.
- Brocklebank V, Kavanagh D. Protecting the kidney from complement: atypical haemolytic uraemic syndrome. Clinical Medicine 2014, 14(suppl. 6), s89-s94.
- Brocklebank V, Wood KM, Kavanagh D. Thrombotic microangiopathy and the kidney. Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology 2018, 13(2), 300-317.