IGM is committed to providing a good working environment for all its staff and students and follows the six principles of the Athena Swan Charter. In October 2015, the IGM was awarded an Athena SWAN Silver Award which acknowledges significant and sustained progression and achievement in promoting gender equality. You can view our Athena Swan application using this link. Newcastle University as a whole also holds a Silver Award.
Moving forwards we recognise that are many aspects which may prevent an individual from reaching their full potential. Therefore the Institute has created an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) committee in order to address more of these factors.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee for IGM
- Professor Michael Briggs - Joint Academic Lead
- Dr Louise Reynard - Joint Academic Lead
- Mrs Lorna Nelson - Institute Manager/Admin Lead
- Professor Joris Veltman - Institute Director
- Mrs Debra Jones - Technical Manager
- Miss Leanne Morrison - Deputy Institute Manager
- Mr Wayne Younger - Institute Administrator/ Admin Co-ordinator
- Dr Neil Rajan - Wellcome Intermediate Clinical Fellow, Senior Lecturer and Honorary Consultant Dermatologist
- Dr Anne Oyewole - Post-marketing Registry Coordinator
- Clare Vint - Clerical Assistant