Our mission is to:
- engage with patients and the public to encourage involvement and promote health and wellbeing
- increase the international focus of our research, teaching and learning and engagement activity
- incorporate sustainable working practices into our physical and intellectual environment
- ensure a high quality teaching and learning experience
We make a significant contribution to Newcastle University's mission of transforming health. Our vision is to transform health through pioneering translational research and health education. Our work benefits both patients and populations.
We have four research themes, which provide a coherent narrative for our work. They are:
- unravelling the origins of disease across society
- understanding health experiences across the life-course
- developing and evaluating interventions to improve health and wellbeing
- supporting health decision-making and the effective organisation of health care
Our work contributes to the consistent success of subjects like medicine, dentistry and health in the UK and international league tables.
Our focus is on public health, health services research, and health-related social science.