Our main research funder is the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR), a government body that supports cutting-edge research that's focused on the needs of patients and the public.
We've been successful in winning numerous prestigious awards and fellowships.
Our Research Council funding covers a wide range of panels, including:
- the Medical Research Council
- the Economic and Social Research Council
- the Natural Environment Research Council
- the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council
We're also supported by many charities, including:
- the Health Foundation
- Arthritis Care UK
- Diabetes UK
- Alcohol Research UK
- the North of England Children's Cancer Research Fund
We've received several funding awards from the European Commission and other international bodies.