Professor David Hunter
- Kuhlmann E, Batenburg R, Wismar M, Dussault G, Maier CB, Glinos IA, Azzopardi-Muscat N, Bond C, Burau V, Correia T, Groenewegen PP, Hansen J, Hunter DJ, Khan U, Kluge HH, Kroezen M, Leone C, Santric-Milicevic M, Sermeus W, Ungureanu M. A call for action to establish a research agenda for building a future health workforce in Europe. Health Research Policy and Systems 2018, 16(1), 52.
- Hunter DJ. Looking forward to the next 70 years: from a National Ill-Health Service to a National Health System. Health Economics, Policy and Law 2018, Epub ahead of print.
- Hunter DJ, Frank J. Making Research Matter; Comment on “Public Spending on Health Service and Policy Research in Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States: A Modest Proposal”. International Journal of Health Policy and Management 2018, 7(4), 353-355.
- Jehu LM, Visram S, Marks L, Hunter DJ, Davis H, Mason A, Liu D, Smithson J. Directors of public health as 'a protected species': qualitative study of the changing role of public health professionals in England following the 2013 reforms. Journal of Public Health 2018, 40(3), e203-e210.
- Hill SR, Vale L, Hunter D, Henderson E, Oluboyedi Y. Economic evaluations of alcohol prevention interventions: Is the evidence sufficient? A review of methodological challenges. Health Policy 2017, 121(12), 1249-1262.
- Holmes BJ, Best A, Davies H, Hunter D, Kelly MP, Marshall M, Rycroft-Malone J. Mobilising knowledge in complex health systems: A call to action. Evidence and Policy 2017, 13(3), 539-560.
- Farrants K, Bambra C, Nylén L, Kasim A, Burström B, Hunter DJ. The recommodification of healthcare? A case study of user charges and inequalities in access to healthcare in Sweden 1980-2005. Health Policy 2017, 121(1), 42-49.
- Hunter DJ, Visram S. Better evidence for smarter policy making. BMJ 2016, 355, i6399.
- Visram S, Hunter DJ, Kuchenmüller T, Nguyen T. Developing a survey to establish a baseline of country capacity for evidence-informed policy-making. In: 9th European Public Health Conference. 2016, Vienna, Austria: Oxford University Press.
- Hunter DJ, Kieslich K, Littlejohns P, Staniszewska S, Tumilty E, Weale A, Williams I. Public involvement in health priority setting: future challenges for policy, research and society. Journal of Health, Organisation and Management 2016, 30(5), 796-808.
- Farrants K, Bambra C, Nylen L, Kasim A, Burstrom B, Hunter D. Recommodification, unemployment, and health inequalities: Trends in England and Sweden 1991-2011. International Journal of Health Services 2016, 46(2), 300-324.
- Hunter DJ. The slow, lingering death of the English NHS: Comment on “Who killed the English National Health Service?”. International Journal of Health Policy and Management 2016, 5(1), 55-57.
- Beenstock J, Sowden S, Hunter D, White M. Are health and well-being strategies in England fit for purpose? A thematic content analysis. Journal of Public Health 2015, 37(3), 461-469.
- Hunter DJ. Does health services research improve health services? [Book review] "Improving Health Services: background, methods and applications" by Holland Walter, Edward Elgar 2013, 271pp., ISBN 9781783470181. Health Economics, Policy and Law 2015, 10(3), 317–325.
- Hunter DJ, Erskine J, Small A, McGovern T, Hicks C, Whitty P, Lugsden E. Doing transformational change in the English NHS in the context of "big bang" redisorganisation: Findings from the North East transformation system. Journal of Health Organization and Management 2015, 29(1), 10-24.
- Hunter DJ, Schrecker T, Alderslade R. Governance for health in a changing world: Special issue. Public Health 2015, 129(7), 831-832.
- Hunter DJ. Health policy and management: In praise of political science: Comment on “on health policy and management (HPAM): Mind the theory-policy-practice gap”. International Journal of Health Policy and Management 2015, 4(6), 391-394.
- Hunter DJ. Role of politics in understanding complex, messy health systems: An essay by David J Hunter. British Medical Journal 2015, 350, h1214.
- Henderson EJ, Ells LJ, Rubin GP, Hunter DJ. Systematic review of the use of data from national childhood obesity surveillance programmes in primary care: A conceptual synthesis. Obesity Reviews 2015, 16(11), 962-971.
- Rubin G, Berendsen A, Crawford SM, Dommett R, Earle C, Emery J, Fahey T, Grassi L, Grunfeld E, Gupta S, Hamilton W, Hiom S, Hunter D, Lyratzopoulos G, Macleod U, Mason R, Mitchell G, Neal RD, Peake M, Roland M, Seifert B, Sisler J, Sussman J, Taplin S, Vedsted P, Voruganti T, Walter F, Wardle J, Watson E, Weller D, Wender R, Whelan J, Whitlock J, Wilkinson C, de Wit N, Zimmermann C. The expanding role of primary care in cancer control. The Lancet Oncology 2015, 16(12), 1231-1272.
- Hunter D, Erskine J, Hicks C, McGovern T, Small A, Lugsden E, Whitty P, Steen IN, Eccles M. A mixed-methods evaluation of transformational change in NHS North East. Health Services Delivery Research 2014, 2(47), 1-169.
- Hunter DJ, Erskine J, Hicks C, McGovern T, Lugsden E, Eccles M, Steen N, Whitty P. Give local solutions a chance to improve care: An evaluation of the North East Transformation System contains some important lessons for future large scale change initiatives in the NHS. Health Service Journal 2014.
- Perkins N, Hunter DJ. Health and Wellbeing Boards: A new dawn for public health partnerships?. Journal of Integrated Care 2014, 22(5/6), 220-229.
- Brown S, Castelli M, Hunter DJ, Erskine J, Vedsted P, Foot C, Rubin G. How might healthcare systems influence speed of cancer diagnosis: A narrative review. Social Science and Medicine 2014, 116, 56-63.
- Hunter DJ, Rushmer R, Best A. Knowledge exchange in public health. Public Health 2014, 128(6), 495-496.
- Scott-Samuel A, Bambra C, Collins C, Hunter D, McCartney G, Smith K. The impact of Thatcherism on health and well-being in Britain. International Journal of Health Services 2014, 44(1), 53-71.
- Rushmer RK, Hunter DJ, Steven A. Using interactive workshops to prompt knowledge exchange: A realist evaluation of a knowledge to action initiative. Public Health 2014, 128(6), 552-560.