Principal Scientist (Evidence Synthesis)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 3800
Dawn leads the Evidence Synthesis Group within IHS, is a senior member of the Health Economics Group and Deputy Director of the NIHR Innovation Observatory. Her research interest in health technology assessment methodologies focuses on the areas of evidence synthesis (including systematic review and meta-analysis, network meta-analysis and decision modelling/economic evaluation), the use and reporting of methods of evidence synthesis techniques in health; and the role and usefulness of economic evaluation/decision modelling in decision making. She has a broader research interest in implementation and service delivery. She has undertaken research in a very wide variety of areas including hospital acquired infection, psoriatic arthritis, service delivery interventions, osteoporosis, frozen shoulder, epilepsy, child growth monitoring, enhanced recovery programmes and breastfeeding promotion.
She is a co-convenor of the Cochrane Campbell Economic Methods group and member of the Cochrane Comparing Multiple Interventions group. Prior to joining Newcastle University she led a team of health economists at the Centre for Reviews and Dissemination, University of York, leading on the NHS Economic Evaluation Database and the conducted appraisals of new and existing diagnostic and therapeutic interventions for the National Institute of Health and Care Excellence (NICE).
MSc. Public Health and Health Services Research
HSC8055: Introduction to Systematic Reviewing and Critical Appraisal - module leader & lecturer
Clinical Postgraduate Training
MCR8002: Introduction to Research Study Design and Statistics - lecturer
- Halvorsrud K, Flynn D, Ford G, McMeekin P, Bhalla A, Balami J, Craig D, White P. A Delphi study and ranking exercise to support commissioning services: future delivery of Thrombectomy services in England. BMC Health Services Research 2018, 18, 135.
- Roberts S, Craig D, Adler A, McPherson K, Greenhalgh T. Economic evaluation of type 2 diabetes prevention programmes: Markov model of low- and high-intensity lifestyle programmes and metformin in participants with different categories of intermediate hyperglycaemia. BMC Medicine 2018, 16, 16.
- Halvorsrud K, Lewney J, Craig D, Moynihan P. Effects of starch on oral health: systematic review to inform WHO Guideline. Journal of Dental Research 2018. In Press.
- Paleri V, Patterson J, Rousseau N, Moloney E, Craig D, Tzelis D, Wilkinson N, Franks J, Hynes AM, Heaven B, Hamilton D, Guerrero-Urbano T, Donnelly R, Barclay S, Rapley T, Stocken D. Gastrostomy versus nasogastric tube feeding forchemoradiation patients with head and neck cancer:the TUBE pilot RCT. Southampton: National Institute for Health Research (NIHR), 2018. Health Technology Assessment 12/35/32.
- Wade R, Llewellyn A, Jones-Diette J, Wright K, Rice S, Layton A, Levell N, Craig D, Woolacott N. Interventional Management of Hyperhidrosis in Secondary Care: A Systematic Review. British Journal of Dermatology 2018. In Press.
- Flynn D, Coughlan D, McMeekin P, Ford GA, Craig D, Rice S, Burgess D, Balami J, Mawson A, Lumley H, White P. Secondary Transfer of Stroke Patients for Thrombectomy by Air Ambulance in England: A Cost-Effectiveness Analysis. In: European Stroke Organisation Conference. 2018, Gothenburg, Sweden: European Stroke Journal.
- Moloney E, O'Connor J, Craig D, Robalino S, Chrysos A, Javanbakht M, Sims A, Stansby G, Wilkes S, McGonnell G, Allen J. Systematic Review of Economic Models Used to Compare Techniques for Detecting Peripheral Arterial Disease. PharmacoEconomics - Open 2018, Epub ahead of print.
- Decimoni TC, Leandro R, Rozman LM, Craig D, Iglesias CP, Novaes HMD, deSoárez PC. Systematic Review of Health Economic Evaluation Studies Developed in Brazil from 1980 to 2013. Frontiers in Public Health 2018, 6, 52.
- Wade R, Rice S, Llewellyn A, Moloney E, Jones-Diette J, Stoniute J, Wright K, Layton A, Levell N, Stansby G, Craig D, Woolacott N. Interventions for hyperhidrosis in secondary care: a systematic review and value-of-information analysis. 2017. Health Technology Assessment Volume: 21, Issue:80.
- Flynn D, Francis R, Halvorsud K, Gonzalo-Almorox E, Craig D, Robalino S, McMeekin P, Cora A, Balami J, Ford GA, White PM. Intra-arterial Mechanical Thrombectomy Stent Retrievers and Modern Devices in the Treatment of Acute Ischaemic Stroke: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis with Trial Sequential Analysis. European Stroke Journal 2017, 2(4), 308-318.
- Roberts S, Barry E, Craig D, Airolid M, Bevan G, Greenhalgh T. Preventing type 2 diabetes: systematic review of studies of cost-effectiveness of lifestyle programmes and metformin, with and without screening, for pre-diabetes. BMJ Open 2017, 7, e017184.
- Stobbart L, O'Donnell A, Akor W, Albani V, Brown H, Craig D, Fattakhova G, Harrison S, Kaner E, Kirkman S, Lally J, Little M, Mott D, Rice S, Robinson T, Scott J, Shaw C, Spencer L, Tandogdu Z, Vaittinen A, Watson N, Whalley E, Vale L. Phase Two of the NHS 111 Learning and Development Pilot Programme: Final Report. NHS England, 2015.
- Corbett M, Heirs M, Rose M, Smith A, Stirk L, Richardson G, Stark D, Swinson D, Craig D, Eastwood A. The delivery of chemotherapy at home: an evidence synthesis. Health Services and Delivery Research 2015, 3(14).
- Craig D. The potential for meta-analysis to support decision analysis in ecology. Research Synthesis Methods 2015, 6(2), 122-123.
- Chambers D, Paton F, Wilson P, Eastwood A, Craig D, Fox D, Jayne D, McGinnes E. An overview and methodological assessment of systematic reviews and meta-analyses of enhanced recovery programmes in colorectal surgery. BMJ Open 2014, 4(5), e005014.
- Paton F, Chambers D, Wilson P, Eastwood A, Craig D, Fox D, Jayne D, McGinnes E. Effectiveness and implementation of enhanced recovery after surgery programmes: a rapid evidence synthesis. BMJ Open 2014, 4(7), e005015.
- Burch J, Rice S, Yang HQ, Neilson A, Stirk L, Francis R, Holloway P, Selby P, Craig D. Systematic review of the use of bone turnover markers for monitoring the response to osteoporosis treatment: the secondary prevention of fractures, and primary prevention of fractures in high-risk groups. Health Technology Assessment 2014, 18(11), 1-206.
- Craig D, Rice S, Paton F, Fox D, Woolacott N. Retigabine for the Adjunctive Treatment of Adults with Partial-Onset Seizures in Epilepsy with and without Secondary Generalization. PharmacoEconomics 2013, 31(2), 101 - 110.
- Wade R, Rose M, Neilson AR, Strik L, Rodriguez-Lopex R, Bowen D, Craig D, Woolacott W. Ruxolitinib for the Treatment of Myelofibrosis: A NICE Single Technology Appraisal. PharmacoEconomics 2013, 31(10), 841 - 852.
- Yang H, Craig D, Epstein D, Bojke L, Light K, Bruce IN, Sculpher M, Woolacott N. Golimumab for the Treatment of Psoriatic Arthritis A NICE Single Technology Appraisal. Pharmacoeconomics 2012, 30(4), 257-270.
- Maund E, Craig D, Suekarran S, Neilson AR, Wright K, Brealey S, Dennis L, Goodchild L, Hanchard N, Rangan A, Richardson G, Robertson J, McDaid C. Management of frozen shoulder: a systematic review and cost-effectiveness analysis. Health Techonology Assessment 2012, 16(11).