- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 3033
- Address: The Baddiley Clark Building
I am a Research Assistant within the Institute of Health & Society.
Projects I am currently working on are;
a pilot feasibility randomised controlled trial of interventions to decrease risky substance use (drugs and alcohol) and improve mental health of looked after children and care leavers aged 12-20 years (SOLID) and SILVER; a project which aims to connect health and social care data through the development of a digital intervention and seeks to improve data sharing and support to families who would be eligible for early help support services provided by the local authority.
Previous involvement on projects have included a review; ‘Addressing the impact of non-dependent parental substance misuse upon the child (IMPaCT), and the North Yorkshire Maternal Mental Health study which sought to better understand the mental health and emotional needs of women during the peri-natal period living in rural areas.
My initial role within the Institute was involved in the SIPS Jnr study; developing & evaluating interventions for adolescent alcohol use disorders presenting through emergency departments.
My interest in this area is grounded in 13 years of practitioner expereince in the voluntary sector, delivering and managing services for young carers.
Area of expertise
- Children & families in particular the impact of parental risk factors such as mental illness or substance use upon children, including young carers.
- McGovern R, Gilvarry E, Addison M, Alderson H, Geijer-Simpson E, Lingam R, Smart D, Kaner E. The Association Between Adverse Child Health, Psychological, Educational and Social Outcomes, and Nondependent Parental Substance: A Rapid Evidence Assessment. Trauma, Violence, and Abuse 2018, Epub ahead of print.
- McGovern R, Gilvarry E, Addison M, Alderson H, Carr L, Geijer-Simpson E, Hrisos N, Lingam R, Minos D, Smart D, Kaner E. The health, psychological, educational and social impact of non-dependent parental substance misuse upon the child age 0-18 years: a rapid evidence assessment. Trauma, Violence, and Abuse 2018.