Dr Deborah Stocken
Senior Lecturer in Biostatistics and Clinical Trials
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0191-208 3410
- Address: Institute of Health and Society
Baddiley Clark Building
Newcastle upon Tyne
Dr Deborah Stocken PhD CStat
I moved to the Institute of Health and Society, Newcastle University as Senior Lecturer in June 2012 following an 18 year career at the Cancer Research UK Clinical Trials Unit, University of Birmingham.
I am Head of Statistics in the Institute of Health and Society leading a team of medical statisticians, collaborating with clinical leads across the Faculty of Medical Sciences and working closely with NIHR Research Design Service North East as specialist statistical advisor. I am responsible for developing and implementing a portfolio of research ensuring robust, appropriate and deliverable methodological input to study design and research conduct, securing grant income as lead statistical co-investigator.
I am experienced in multivariable prognostic, diagnostic prediction modelling, joint modelling, meta-analysis, analysis of quality of life data. I sit on various external committees in my role as senior statistician including scientific research and funding review committees, clinical studies groups, as well as other external trial oversight committees.
I am experienced in early and late phase study design from single centre phase 1 cohort studies to multi-centre, international phase 3 randomised controlled trials. I have knowledge and experience in study design, conduct, data analysis and presentation within a tight regulatory framework according to MHRA GCP. I was Deputy Director of the Newcastle Clinical Trials Unit, a Registered UKCRC CTU, to Dec 2016 and remain a member of the CTU Strategic Management Committee.
My current research portfolio includes early phase dose escalation and efficacy/safety studies, late phase studies including non-inferiority and factorial trials, stratified medicine projects and feasibility studies, funded through NIHR, MRC and other peer-reviewed funding panels (e.g. Wellcome, Cancer Research UK). I teach medical statistics and research methods at post-graduate level and am module lead for Masters in Public Health. I supervise PhD students and act as external PhD examiner.
- Diabetes UK Research Funding Committee
- Bone Cancer Research Trust Scientific Advisory Panel
- NIHR Clinical Trials Fellowships Review Panel
- The Royal Statistical Society (RSS)
- UKCRC Registered Trials Units, Statistics Subgroup Committee
- NIHR Statistics Group
- Newcastle University Faculty Medical Sciences Information Governance Steering Group
1. JA Wilson, Rousseau NS, Ternent L, Stocken DD. Carrie. NAIROS UK NAsal Septoplasty Economic and Clinical Outcomes: a randomised controlled trial. NIHR HTA 2016. £995,482.
2. JD Issacs, AE Anderson, CMU Hilkens, WF Ng, DD Stocken, AG Pratt . BIOlogical Factors that Limit sustAined Remission in rhEumatoid arthritis (the BIO-FLARE study). MRC 2016. £1,447,242.
3. N Prathalingam, L Hyslop, A Murdoch, M Herbert, D Stocken, J Stewart, M Cole. A trial of egg recovery rates for IVF using a collection chamber that provides environmental control: EGGCELL Trial. NIHR i4i 2016. £1,012,364.
4. P Thelwall, IA Forrest, AJ Simpson, DD Stocken, KG Hollingsworth. Non-invasive quantitative ventilation imaging by MRI of flurocarbon gas (LIFT). MRC DFPS 2015. £673,681.
5. V Kunadian, DD Stocken. The OLD-RITA Trial. The OLDer patients randomised interventional trial in acute non-ST elevation myocardial infarction. British Heart Foundation 2015. £1,705,737
6. JA Wilson, CA Haighton, PJ McMeekin, NS Rousseau, IN Steen, DD Stocken. NATTINA. National trial of tonsillectomy in adults. NIHR-HTA 2014. £1,118,086.
7. V Kunadian, DD Stocken. APPLE-COPD. Anti-platelet therapy in the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease in patients with COPD. AstraZeneca UK Ltd. 2014 £761,234.
8. NJ Reynolds, DD Stocken, P Zuliani, A Wipat. Stratified Medicine Consortium to stratify psoriasis for optimal therapy PSORT. MRC Stratified Medicine 2013. £720,824. Member of Programme Executive Committee.
9. N Rajan et al. TRAC - Topical tropomyosin kinase (TRK) inhibitor as a treatment for inherited CYLD defective skin tumours). Wellcome 2013. £373,530.
10. JD Issacs, WF Ng, DD Stocken. TRAFIC - Targeting the RA synovial fibroblast via cyclin dependent kinase inhibition - a phase IIa study. MRC 2013. £907,665.
11. AJ Simpson, QM Anstee, LD Vale, DD Stocken, NS Sheerin, A De Soyza, AG Hall, JD Isaacs. NIHR Diagnostic Evaluation Cooperation - infrastructure programme grant with opportunity to lead into funded clinical trials. NIHR 2013. £512,990.
12. Jones et al. UKPBC - UK-PBC: stratified medicine in primary biliary cirrhosis) infrastructure programme grant with opportunity to lead into funded clinical trials. MRC Stratified Medicine 2013. £2,397,120.
13. Wilson et al. NIHR HTA- TOPPITS controlled trial of extra-oesophageal reflux treatment in the management of upper respiratory symptoms. NIHR HTA 2012. £525,822.
14. V Paleri, LD Vale, DD Stocken, JA Wilson, NS Rousseau, TJ Rapley. Pre-treatment Gastrostomy vs Oral Nasogastric TUBE National Support in Patients NIHR HTA 2012. £321,482.
15. Meyer T, P Johnson, D Palmer, DD Stocken. TACE-2. A randomised placebo-controlled, double blinded, phase III trial of sorafenib in combination with transarterial chemoembolisation in hepatocellular cancer. EudraCT: 2008-005073-36, ISRCTN: 93375053. UCL/CTAAC £955,279.
16. SG O’Brien, LD Vale, CR Muirhead, DD Stocken. SPIRIT-3. ARIAD Pharmaceuticals Inc. 2013 £13,090,887. Closed.
17. C Gamble, DD Stocken, S Lewis, E Juazczak, C Dore, P Williamson, D Altman, A Montgomery. Statistical Analysis Plan Guidance. MRC HTMR 2013. £48,500.00. Closed.
18. AJ Adamson, JM Adams, N O’Brien, LD Vale, HW Brown, DD Stocken, J Halligan, WL Wrieden, MJR White. PHRC MoF Cooking Skills - Evaluation and implementation of adult cooking skills interventions in the UK. DoH 2013. £255,364. Closed.
19. A Ewies, D Rea, DD Stocken, J Joseph, S Sundar. FOAM: Folic acid supplementation objectively ameliorates hot flashes. NIHR RfPB £249,996.
20. N James, E Porfiri, DD Stocken, J Barnwell, C Parker, D McLaren. RA223. A randomised phase II trial to assess the feasibility and safety of the combination of docetaxel plus Ra-223 in the first line chemotherapy treatment of men with bony metastatic castrate resistant prostate cancer. CRUK Feasibility Study 2012.
21. D Adams, D Barton, DD Stocken, S Hussain, D Palmer, S Curbishley, P Johnson, N Steven, S Olliff, M Kamarjit, W Wei. IMMUNOTACE. A Randomised phase II Clinical Trial of conditioning cyclophosphamide and Chemoembolisation with or without Vaccination with Dendritic Cells pulsed with HepG2 lysate in vivo in Patients with Hepatocellular Carcinoma. EUDRACT NUMBER: 2011-001690-62. NIHR/EME £580,000. Closed.
22. E Porfiri, N James, DD Stocken, Barnwell J. PAZ-02. A study of pazopanib efficacy and safety in patients with advanced clear cell renal cell carcinoma and ECOG Performance Status 2. EudraCT: 2011-001211-31. GlaxoSmithKline £300,000.
23. J Radford, DD Stocken, A Davies, S Barrington, K Linton. Brevity A phase II study of brentuximab velotin (SGN-35) using a response adapted design in patients with Hodgkin Lymphoma unsuitable for chemotherapy due to age, frailty or co-mobility. LLR 2011. £330,673.03
24. S Devereux, DD Stocken, C Fegan, D Macallan. CyCLL 1278 An early phase II trial of cyclosporine A in Early Adverse Risk CLL. LLR 2011. £66,918
25. Newsome P, Adams D, Stocken DD, Barton D. REALISTIC. A multicentre, phase II, open label, randomised controlled trial of repeated autologous infusions of g-csf mobilised cd133+ bone marrow stem cells in patients with cirrhosis. EUDRACT: 2009-010335-41, ISRCTN: 91288089. Through NIHR BRU. Closed.
26. Newsome P, Adams D, Stocken DD, Barton D. LEAN. A 48-week phase II, randomised, double blinded placebo controlled, parallel-group, multicentre trial on liraglutide’s safety, efficacy and action on liver histology and metabolism in overweight patients with non-alcoholic steatohepatitis, with or without type ii diabetes. EUDRACT: 2009-016761-29, ISRCTN: 85774727. Wellcome Trust £50,000. Closed.
27. DD Stocken, AB Hassan, DG Altman, N Freemantle, PJ Johnson. Prognostic Classification of Patients with Advanced Pancreatic Cancer. CRUK C19491/A6150. £39,232. Closed.
28. SR Bramhall, J Buckels, AB Hassan, DD Moffitt, DJ Kerr. SONG A Randomised Phase II Trial of Neoadjuvant Therapy for Patients with Resectable Pancreatic Cancer. Closed.
1. MPH. Further Quantitative Methods. Module Lead 2015-
2. MPH. Further Quantitative Methods 2012-
3. MPH. Quantitative Methods. 2013-
4. MRes Experimental Medicine. Clinical Trials and Biostatistics. 2012-
5. MClinRes. Clinical Trials. 2014-
6. AstraZeneca. CT teaching. May 2014
7. MSc dissertation marking 2014-
8. MBBS assignment marking 2012-
9. PhD supervisor, assessor and external examiner 2013-
- Camilleri N, Newbury-Birch D, McArdle P, Stocken DD, Thick T, Le Couteur A. Innovations in Practice: A case control and follow-up study of "hard to reach' young people who suffered from multiple complex mental disorders. Child and Adolescent Mental Health 2017, 22(1), 49-57.
- McSweeney LA, O'Hara JT, Rousseau NS, Stocken DD, Sullivan F, Vale L, Wilkes S, Wilson JA, Haighton CA. 'Thinking that somebody’s going to delay [a tonsillectomy] for one to two years is quite horrifying really': A qualitative feasibility study for the NAtional Trial of Tonsillectomy IN Adults (NATTINA Part 2). Clinical Otolaryngology 2016, Epub ahead of print.
- Paleri V, Wood J, Patterson J, Stocken DD, Cole M, Vale L, Franks J, Guerrero-Urbano T, Donnelly R, Barclay S, Rapley T, Rousseau N. A feasibility study incorporating a pilot randomised controlled trial of oral feeding plus pre-treatment gastrostomy tube versus oral feeding plus as-needed nasogastric tube feeding in patients undergoing chemoradiation for head and neck cancer (TUBE trial): study protocol. Pilot and feasibility studies 2016, 2(29).
- Armstrong MJ, Gaunt P, Aithal GP, Barton D, Hull D, Parker R, Hazlehurst JM, Guo K, Abouda G, Aldersley MA, Stocken D, Gough SC, Tomlinson JW, Brown RM, Hubscher SG, Newsome PN, LEAN Trial Team. Liraglutide safety and efficacy in patients with non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (LEAN): a multicentre, double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled phase 2 study. The Lancet 2016, 387(10019), 679-690.
- Dyson JK, Wilkinson N, Jopson L, Mells G, Bathgate A, Heneghan MA, Neuberger J, Hirschfield M, Ducker SJ, The UK-PBC Consortium, Sandford R, Alexander G, Stocken D, Jones DEJ. The inter-relationship of symptom severity and quality of life in 2055 patients with primary biliary cholangitis. Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics 2016, 44(10), 1039–1050.
- Watson G, O'Hara J, Carding P, Lecouturier J, Stocken D, Fouweather T, Wilson JA. TOPPITS: Trial Of Proton Pump Inhibitors in Throat Symptoms. Study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. BMC Trials 2016, 17, 175.
- Brass D, Farr P, Reynolds N, Stocken D, Macdonald C, Wahie S, Weatherhead S, Wilkinson J, Lloyd J, Hill S, Fouweather T, Hampton P. An observer-blinded randomized controlled pilot study comparing localised psoralen-ultraviolet A with localized narrowband ultraviolet B for the treatment of hand eczema. In: 95th Annual Meeting of the British Association of Dermatologists. 2015, Manchester, UK: Wiley-Blackwell.
- Adams J, Goffe L, Adamson AJ, Halligan J, O'Brien N, Purves R, Stead M, Stocken D, White M. Prevalence and socio-demographic correlates of cooking skills in UK adults: cross-sectional analysis of data from the UK National Diet and Nutrition Survey. International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity 2015, 12(99).
- King A, Barton D, Beard HA, Than N, Moore J, Corbett C, Thomas J, Guo K, Guha I, Hollyman D, Stocken D, Yap C, Fox R, Forbes SJ, Newsome PN. REpeated AutoLogous Infusions of STem cells In Cirrhosis (REALISTIC): a multicentre, phase II, open-label, randomised controlled trial of repeated autologous infusions of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (GCSF) mobilised CD133+bone marrow stem cells in patients with cirrhosis. A study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. BMJ Open 2015, 5(3), e007700.
- Rubie IEM, Haighton CA, O'Hara J, Rousseau NS, Steen IN, Stocken DD, Sullivan F, Vale L, Wilkes S, Wilson JA. The NAtional randomised controlled Trial of Tonsillectomy IN Adults (NATTINA): a clinical and cost-effectiveness study: study protocol for a randomised control trial. BMC Trials 2015, 16(1), 263.
- Valle JW, Palmer D, Jackson R, Cox T, Neoptolemos JP, Ghaneh P, Rawcliffe CL, Bassi C, Stocken DD, Cunningham D, O'Reilly D, Goldstein D, Robinson BA, Karapetis C, Scarfe A, Lacaine F, Sand J, Izbicki JR, Mayerle J, Dervenis C, Oláh A, Butturini G, Lind PA, Middleton MR, Anthoney A, Sumpter K, Carter R, Büchler MW. Optimal Duration and Timing of Adjuvant Chemotherapy After Definitive Surgery for Ductal Adenocarcinoma of the Pancreas: Ongoing Lessons From the ESPAC-3 Study. Journal of Clinical Oncology 2014, 32(6), 504-512.
- Bartlett JMS, Brookes CL, Piper T, Van de Velde CJH, Stocken D, Lyttle N, Hasenburg A, Quintayo MA, Kieback DG, Putter H, Markopoulos C, Kranenbarg EM-K, Mallon EA, Dirix LY, Seynaeve C, Rea DW. Do type 1 receptor tyrosine kinases inform treatment choice? A prospectively planned analysis of the TEAM trial. British Journal of Cancer 2013, 109(9), 2453-2461.
- Armstrong MJ, Barton D, Gaunt P, Hull D, Guo K, Stocken D, Gough SCL, Tomlinson JW, Brown RM, Hubscher SG, Newsome PN, LEAN Trial Team. Liraglutide efficacy and action in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (LEAN): study protocol for a phase II multicentre, double-blinded, randomised, controlled trial. BMJ Open 2013, 3(11), 1-15.
- Hui EP, Taylor GS, Jia H, Ma BBY, Chan SL, Ho R, Wong W, Wilson S, Johnson BF, Edwards C, Stocken DD, Rickinson AB, Steven NM, Chan ATC. Phase 1 trial of Recombinant Modified Vaccinia Ankara Encoding Epstein-Barr Viral Tumor Antigens in Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma Patients. Cancer Research 2013, 73(6), 1676-1688.
- Spooner D, Stocken DD, Jordan S, Bathers S, Dunn JA, Jevons C, Dodson L, Morrison JM, Oates GD, Grieve RJ. A Randomised Controlled Trial to Evaluate both the Role and the Optimal Fractionation of Radiotherapy in the Conservative Management of Early Breast Cancer. Clinical Oncology 2012, 24(10), 697-706.
- Neoptolemos JP, Moore MJ, Cox TF, Valle JW, Palmer DH, McDonald AC, Carter R, Tebbutt NC, Dervenis C, Smith D, Glimelius B, Charnley RM, Lacaine F, Scarfe AG, Middleton MR, Anthoney A, Ghaneh P, Halloran CM, Lerch MM, Olah A, Rawcliffe CL, Verbeke CS, Campbell F, Buchler MW, European Study Group for Pancreatic Cancer. Effect of Adjuvant Chemotherapy With Fluorouracil Plus Folinic Acid or Gemcitabine vs Observation on Survival in Patients With Resected Periampullary Adenocarcinoma. The ESPAC-3 Periampullary Cancer Randomized Trial. Journal of the American Medical Association 2012, 308(2), 147-156.
- Wilson S, Damery S, Stocken DD, Dowswell G, Holder R, Ward ST, Redman V, Wakelam MJ, James J, Hobbs FDR, Ismail T. Serum matrix metalloproteinase 9 and colorectal neoplasia: a community-based evaluation of a potential diagnostic test. British Journal of Cancer 2012, 106(8), 1431-1438.
- Tudur-Smith C, Stocken DD, Dunn J, Cox T, Ghaneh P, Cunningham D, Neoptolemos JP. The value of source data verification in a cancer clinical trial. PLoS One 2012, 7(12), e51623.
- Gabitass RF, Annels NE, Stocken DD, Pandha HA, Middleton GW. Elevated myeloid-derived suppressor cells in pancreatic, esophageal and gastric cancer are an independent prognostic factor and are associated with significant elevation of the Th2 cytokine interleukin-13. Cancer Immunology, Immunotherapy 2011, 60(10), 1419-1430.
- Neoptolemos JP, Stocken DD, Bassi C, Ghaneh P, Cunningham D, Goldstein D, Padbury R, Moore MJ, Gallinger S, Mariette C, Wente MN, Izbicki JR, Friess H, Lerch MM, Dervenis C, Oláh A, Butturini G, Doi R, Lind PA, Smith D, Valle JW, Palmer DH, Buckels JA, Thompson J, McKay CJ, Rawcliffe CL, Büchler MW. Adjuvant Chemotherapy with Fluorouracil Plus Folinic Acid vs Gemcitabine Following Pancreatic Cancer Resection: a Randomized Controlled Trial. Journal of the American Medical Association 2010, 304(10), 1073-1081.
- Neoptolemos JP, Stocken DD, Tudur-Smith C, Bassi C, Ghaneh P, Owen E, Moore M, Padbury R, Doi R, Smith D, Büchler MW, for the European Study Group of Pancreatic Cancer. Adjuvant 5-fluorouracil and folinic acid vs observation for pancreatic cancer: composite data from the ESPAC-1 and -3(v1) trials. British Journal of Cancer 2009, 100(2), 246-250.
- Wilson S, Taskila T, Ismail T, Stocken DD, Martin A, Redman V, Wakelam M, Perry I, Hobbs R. Establishing the added benefit of measuring MMP9 in FOB positive patients as a part of the Wolverhampton colorectal cancer screening programme. BMC Cancer 2009, 9(1), 36.
- Carter R, Stocken DD, Ghaneh P, Bramhall SR, Olah A, Kelemen D, Bassi C, Friess H, Dervenis C, Spry N, Büchler MW, Neoptolemos JP. Longitudinal quality of life data can provide insights on the impact of adjuvant treatment for pancreatic cancer - subset analysis of the ESPAC-1 data. International Journal of Cancer 2009, 124(12), 2960-2965.
- Cunningham D, Chau I, Stocken DD, Valle JW, Smith D, Steward W, Harper PG, Dunn J, Tudur-Smith C, West J, Falk S, Crellin A, Adab F, Thompson J, Leonard P, Ostrowski J, Eatock M, Scheithauer W, Herrmann R, Neoptolemos JP. Phase III Randomized Comparison of Gemcitabine Versus Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine in Patients With Advanced Pancreatic Cancer. Journal of Clinical Oncology 2009, 27(33), 5513-5518.
- Butturini G, Stocken DD, Wente MN, Jeekel H, Klinkenbijl JHG, Bakkevold KE, Takada T, Amano H, Dervenis C, Bassi C, Büchler MW, Neoptolemos JP. Influence of Resection Margins and Treatment on Survival in Patients With Pancreatic Cancer: Meta-analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials. Archives of Surgery 2008, 143(1), 75-83.
- Stocken DD, Hassan AB, Altman DG, Billingham LJ, Bramhall SR, Johnson PJ, Freemantle N. Modelling prognostic factors in advanced pancreatic cancer. British Journal of Cancer 2008, 99(6), 883-893.
- Palmer DH, Stocken DD, Hewitt H, Markham CE, Hassan B, Johnson PJ, Buckels JAC, Bramhall SR. A Randomized Phase 2 Trial of Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy in Resectable Pancreatic Cancer: Gemcitabine Alone Versus Gemcitabine Combined with Cisplatin. Annals of Surgical Oncology 2007, 14(7), 2088-2096.
- Hurst NG, Stocken DD, Wilson S, Keh C, Wakelam MJO, Ismail T. Elevated serum matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP-9) concentration predicts the presence of colorectal neoplasia in symptomatic patients. British Journal of Cancer 2007, 97(7), 971-977.
- Ghaneh P, Sultana A, Shore S, Stocken DD. The case for adjuvant chemotherapy in pancreatic cancer. Best Practice and Research Clinical Gastroenterology 2006, 20(2), 383-401.
- Howes N, Greenhalf W, Stocken DD, Neoptollemos JP. Cationic Trypsinogen Mutations and Pancreatitis. Clinics in Laboratory Medicine 2005, 25(1), 39-59.
- Bassi C, Stocken DD, Olah A, Friess H, Buckels J, Hickey H, Dervenis C, Dunn JA, Deakin M, Carter R, Ghaneh P, Neoptolemos JP, Büchler MW, for the members of the European Study Group for Pancreatic Cancer (ESPAC). Influence of Surgical Resection and Post-Operative Complications on Survival following Adjuvant Treatment for Pancreatic Cancer in the ESPAC-1 Randomized Controlled Trial. Digestive Surgery 2005, 22(5), 353-363.
- Stocken DD, Büchler MW, Dervenis C, Bassi C, Jeekel H, Klinkenbijl JH, Bakkevold KE, Takada T, Amano H, Neoptolemos JP, on behalf of the Pancreatic Cancer Meta-analysis Group. Meta-analysis of randomised adjuvant therapy trials for pancreatic cancer. British Journal of Cancer 2005, 92(8), 1372-1381.
- Hussain SA, Stocken DD, Riley P, Palmer D, Peake DR, Geh JI, Spooner D, James ND. A phase I/II study of gemcitabine and fractionated cisplatin in an outpatient setting using a 21-day schedule in patients with advanced and metastatic bladder cancer. British Journal of Cancer 2004, 91, 844-849.
- Neoptolemos JP, Stocken DD, Friess H, Bassi C, Dunn JA, Hickey H, Beger H, Fernandez-Cruz L, Dervenis C, Lacaine F, Falconi M, Pederzoli P, Pap A, Spooner D, Kerr DJ, Büchler MW, for the European Study Group for Pancreatic Cancer. A Randomized Trial of Chemoradiotherapy and Chemotherapy after Resection of Pancreatic Cancer. The New England Journal of Medicine 2004, 350(12), 1200-1210.
- Howes N, Greenhalf W, Stocken DD, Neoptolemos JP. Cationic trypsinogen mutations and pancreatitis. Gastroenterology Clinics of North America 2004, 33(4), 767-787.
- Howes N, Lerch MM, Greenhalf W, Stocken DD, Ellis I, Simon P, Truninger K, Ammann R, Cavallini G, Charnley RM, Uomo G, Delhaye M, Spicak J, Drumm B, Jansen J, Mountford R, Whitcomb DC, Neoptolemos JP. Clinical and genetic characteristics of hereditary pancreatitis in Europe. Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2004, 2(3), 252-261.
- Hussain SA, Stocken DD, Peake DR, Glaholm JG, Zarkar A, Wallace DMA, James ND. Long-term results of a phase II study of synchronous chemoradiotherapy in advanced muscle invasive bladder cancer. British Journal of Cancer 2004, 90(11), 2106-2111.
- Freemantle N, Stocken D. The commercialisation of clinical research: who pays the piper, calls the tune?. Family Practice 2004, 21(4), 335-336.
- Markham C, Stocken DD, Hassan AB. A phase II irinotecan–cisplatin combination in advanced pancreatic cancer. British Journal of Cancer 2003, 89(10), 1860-1864.
- Neoptolemos JP, Cunningham D, Friess H, Bassi C, Stocken DD, Tait DM, Dunn JA, Dervenis C, Lacaine F, Hickey H, Raraty MGT, Ghaneh P, Büchler MW. Adjuvant therapy in pancreatic cancer: historical and current perspectives. Annals of Oncology 2003, 14(5), 675-692.
- Neoptolemos JP, Raraty MGT, Ghaneh P, Hickey H, Stocken DD, Dunn JA, Friess H, Büchler MW. Adjuvante und additive therapie beim pankreaskarzinom [Adjuvant and additive therapy for cancer of the pancreas]. Der Chirurg 2003, 74(3), 191-201.
- Darnton SJ, Archer VR, Stocken DD, Mulholland PJ, Casson AG, Ferry DR. Preoperative Mitomycin, Ifosfamide, and Cisplatin Followed by Esophagectomy in Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Esophagus: Pathologic Complete Response Induced by Chemotherapy Leads to Long-Term Survival. Journal of Clinical Oncology 2003, 21(21), 4009-4015.
- Hussain SA, Moffitt DD, Glaholm JG, Peake D, Wallace DMA, James ND. A phase I—II study of synchronous chemoradiotherapy for poor prognosis locally advanced bladder cancer. Annals of Oncology 2001, 12(7), 929-935.
- Neoptolemos JP, Dunn JA, Stocken DD, Almond J, Link K, Beger H, Bassi C, Falconi M, Pederzoli P, Dervenis C, Fernandez-Cruz L, Lacaine F, Pap A, Spooner D, Kerr DJ, Friess H, Büchler MW, for the members of the European Study Group for Pancreatic Cancer. Adjuvant chemoradiotherapy and chemotherapy in resectable pancreatic cancer: a randomised controlled trial. The Lancet 2001, 358(9293), 1576-1585.
- Archer VR, Mulholland PJ, Stocken DD, Darnton SJ, Ferry DR. Combined Results from Three Phase II Trials of Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy in Operable Adenocarcinoma of the Oesophagus. Clinical Oncology 2001, 13(3), 164-169.
- Neoptolemos JP, Stocken DD, Dunn JA, Almond J, Beger HG, Pederzoli P, Bassi C, Dervenis C, Fernandez-Cruz L, Lacaine F, Buckels J, Deakin M, Adab FA, Sutton R, Imrie C, Ihse I, Tihanyi T, Olah A, Pedrazzoli S, Spooner D, Kerr DJ, Friess H, Büchler MW, for the members of the European Study Group for Pancreatic Cancer. Influence of Resection Margins on Survival for Patients With Pancreatic Cancer Treated by Adjuvant Chemoradiation and/or Chemotherapy in the ESPAC-1 Randomized Controlled Trial. Annals of Surgery 2001, 234(6), 758-768.
- Bryan RT, Cruickshank NR, Needham SJ, Moffitt DD, Young JA, Hallissey MT, Fielding JWL. Laparoscopic peritoneal lavage in staging gastric and oesophageal cancer. European Journal of Surgical Oncology 2001, 27(3), 291-297.
- Gee A, Moffitt DD, Churn M, Errington RD. A randomised controlled trial to test a non-metallic deodorant used during a course of radiotherapy. Journal of Radiotherapy in Practice 2000, 1(4), 205-212.
- Teale GR, Moffitt DD, Mann CH, Luesley DM. Management guidelines for women with normal colposcopy after low grade cervical abnormalities: population study. British Medical Journal 2000, 320, 1693-1696.
- Etherington IJ, Ellis JR, Luesley DM, Moffitt DD, Young LS. Histologic and Immunologic Associations of an HPV16 Variant in LoSIL Smears. Gynecologic Oncology 1999, 72(1), 56-59.
- Neoptolemos JP, UKPACA Group. Adjuvant radiotherapy and follow-on chemotherapy in patients with pancreatic cancer. Results of the UK Pancreatic Cancer Group Study (UKPACA-1). GI Cancer 1998, 2(3), 235-245.
- Little SA, Leelarathna L, Walkinshaw E, Tan HK, Chapple O, Lubina-Solomon A, Chadwick TJ, Barendse S, Stocken DD, Brennand C, Marshall SM, Wood R, Speight J, Kerr D, Flanagan D, Heller SR, Evans ML, Shaw JAM. Recovery of hypoglycemia awareness in longstanding type 1 diabetes: A multicenter 2×2 factorial randomized controlled trial comparing insulin pump with multiple daily injections and continuous with conventional glucose selfmonitoring (HypoCOMPaSS). Diabetes Technology and Therapeutics 2016, 18(Suppl. 1), S27-S28.