Dr Koldo Casla
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 7538 561 229
- Personal Website: https://rightsincontext.eu/
- Address: Sir James Spence Institute,
Royal Victoria Infirmary,
Queen Victoria Road,
Koldo joined the Institute of Health & Society as a Research Associate in October 2017. He holds a PhD in European and International Studies from King’s College London (2017), a Fulbright MA in International Studies from the University of Denver (2011), a MA in Theory and Practice of Human Rights from the University of Essex (2009), and a Law Degree from the University of the Basque Country (2008). Between 2011 and 2013, Koldo was the Chief of Staff of the Human Rights Commissioner of the Basque Country (“Ararteko”). He has worked as a researcher for Amnesty International on the rights to health, education and housing in Spain. Koldo is also the Policy Director of Just Fair, an organisation that monitors and campaigns for economic and social rights in the UK. He tweets here.
Google Scholar: Click here.
Koldo co-coordinates Article 22, an initiative of the Institute of Health & Society to identify the law and policy changes we need to secure economic, social and cultural rights in the UK.
Koldo's regularly writes op-eds on social rights and other topics in outlets such as Huffington Post, Open Democracy, Open Global Rights or The Conversation.
- International Human Rights Law
- International Relations
- Human Rights Theory, Law and Policy Analysis
- European and Spanish politics
- Casla K. Realism: Human Rights Foe?. In: Orsi, D; Avgustin, JR; Nurnus, M, ed. Realism in Practice: An Appraisal. Bristol, England: E-International Relations, 2018, pp.143-155.
- Casla K, Roderick P, Pollock AM. Disclosure of patients' data to the UK Home Office must stop. BMJ 2017, 358, j3613.
- Casla K. The Future of Economic and Social Rights in the UK: Challenges, but also Opportunities. In: Smyth, C-M; Lang, R, ed. The Future of Human Rights in the UK. Cambridge Scholars, 2017, pp.189-206.
- Casla K. The rights we live in: protecting the right to housing in Spain through fair trial, private and family life and non-retrogressive measures. The International Journal of Human Rights 2016, 20(3), 285-297.
- Casla K. Dear fellow jurists, human rights are about politics, and that's perfectly fine. In: Lettinga, D.; van Troost, L, ed. Can human rights bring social justice?. Amnesty International Netherlands, 2015, pp.33-38.
- Casla K. Interactions between International Humanitarian Law and International Human Rights Law for the protection of Economic, Social and Cultural Rights. Revista Electrónica de Estudios Internacionales 2012, 23.