Principal Research Associate
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0191 208 7720
- Address: Institute of Health & Society,
Sir James Spence Institute,
Newcastle upon Tyne,
Peter is a Principal Research Associate at the Institute of Health & Society. He is a graduate of the universities of Wales, Cambridge and London. He was called to the Bar by Gray's Inn in 1982, and has worked since then as a barrister in private practice and in the oil industry in London and south-east Asia, and as a public interest environmental lawyer, including as legal adviser to Friends of the Earth and as co-Director of the Climate Justice Programme.
Since 2012, he has been an academic researcher specialising in health and pharmaceutical law. He coordinates the Article 22 initiative on economic, social and cultural rights in the UK. With Professor Allyson Pollock he is co-author of the NHS Reinstatement Bill.
Areas of expertise
- Health law
- Human rights
- Environmental law
SCOPUS: Click here.
- Sutaria S, Roderick P, Pollock AM. Are radical changes to health and social care paving the way for fewer services and new user charges?. BMJ 2017, 358, j4279.
- Roderick P, Pollock AM. Brexit’s Great Repeal Bill will axe the right to health. BMJ 2017, 357, j2013.
- Casla K, Roderick P, Pollock AM. Disclosure of patients' data to the UK Home Office must stop. BMJ 2017, 358, j3613.
- Pollock A, Roderick P. Duty to care and universal access to health: In defence of a duty to care and provide universal access to health in the face of limited resources. The Medico-legal journal 2015, 83(4), 172-184.
- McGettigan P, Roderick P, Mahajan R, Kadam A, Pollock AM. Use of Fixed Dose Combination (FDC) Drugs in India: Central Regulatory Approval and Sales of FDCs Containing Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs), Metformin, or Psychotropic Drugs. PLoS Medicine 2015, 12(5), e1001826.
- Pollock AM, Roderick P. Why the Queen's speech on 19 May should include a bill to reinstate the NHS in England. BMJ (Online) 2015, 350, h2257.
- Roderick P, Pollock AM. A wolf in sheep's clothing: How Monitor is using licensing powers to reduce hospital and community services in England under the guise of continuity. BMJ 2014, 349, g5603.
- Pollock AM, Roderick P. Trust in the time of markets: Protecting patient information. The Lancet 2014, 383(9928), 1523-1524.
- Evans V, Roderick P, Pollock AM. Adequacy of clinical trial evidence of fixed-dose combinations for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus in India. Journal of Global Health 2018. In Preparation.
- McGettigan P, Roderick P, Kadam A, Pollock AM. Threats to antimicrobial resistance control: an ecological study of centrally approved and unapproved formulations sold in India. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 2018, Accepted article.
- Pollock AM, Roderick P. Why we should be concerned about accountable care organisations in England’s NHS. BMJ 2018, 30, k343.
- McGettigan P, Roderick P, Kadam A, Pollock AM. Access, Watch, and Reserve antibiotics in India: challenges for WHO stewardship. The Lancet Global Health 2017, 5(11), e1075-e1076.
- Pollock AM, Roderick P. Jeremy Hunt must consult properly on accountable care organisations. BMJ 2017, 359, j5349.
- Roderick P, Pollock AM. Authors' reply to Dorsett. BMJ 2014, 349, g6833.
- Roderick P, Mahajan R, McGettigan P, Pollock AM. India should introduce a new Drugs Act. The Lancet 2014, 383(9913), 203-206.
- Pollock AM, McGettigan P, Roderick P, Jeffery R, Mahajan R. Need for a new drugs bill : commentary. Economic and Political Weekly 2014, 49(33), 15-19.