Senior Research Associate
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01912086746
BackgroundSteve is a Senior Research Associate within the Health Economics Group and Evidence Synthesis Team within IHS. His research interests relate to economic evaluation and evidence synthesis, including both decision-analytical modelling, all forms of meta-analysis, and econometric techniques. He has conducted several systematic reviews, network meta-analyses and economic analyses in areas such as NSAIDS after major surgery, breastfeeding, osteoporosis, acupuncture, ankylosing spondylitis and deep vein thrombosis.
- Kaltenthaler E, Carroll C, Hill-McManus D, Scope A, Holmes M, Rice S, Rose M, Tappenden P, Woolacott N. The use of exploratory analyses within the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence single technology appraisal process: an evaluation and qualitative analysis. Health Technology Assessment 2016, 20(26), 1-74.
- Heslehurst N, Rankin J, McParlin C, Sniehotta FF, Howel D, Rice S, McColl E. GestationaL Obesity Weight management: Implementation of National Guidelines (GLOWING): A pilot cluster randomised controlled trial of a guideline implementation intervention for the management of maternal obesity by midwives. Pilot and Feasibility Studies 2018, (4), 47.
- Lawrenson JG, Graham-Rowe E, Lorencatto F, Burr J, Bunce C, Francis JJ, Aluko P, Rice S, Vale L, Peto T, Presseau J, Ivers N, Grimshaw JM. Interventions to increase attendance for diabetic retinopathy screening. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2018, 2018(1), 1-231.
- Flynn D, Coughlan D, McMeekin P, Ford GA, Craig D, Rice S, Burgess D, Balami J, Mawson A, Lumley H, White P. Secondary Transfer of Stroke Patients for Thrombectomy by Air Ambulance in England: A Cost-Effectiveness Analysis. In: European Stroke Organisation Conference. 2018, Gothenburg, Sweden: European Stroke Journal.
- Wade R, Rice S, Llewellyn A, Moloney E, Jones-Diette J, Stoniute J, Wright K, Layton A, Levell N, Stansby G, Craig D, Woolacott N. Interventions for hyperhidrosis in secondary care: a systematic review and value-of-information analysis. 2017. Health Technology Assessment Volume: 21, Issue:80.
- Kaltenthaler E, Carroll C, Hill-McManus D, Scope A, Holmes M, Rice S, Rose M, Tappenden P, Woolacott N. Issues Related to the Frequency of Exploratory Analyses by Evidence Review Groups in the NICE Single Technology Appraisal Process. PharmacoEconomics Open 2017, 1(2), 99-108.
- Carroll C, Kaltenthaler E, Hill-McManus D, Scope A, Holmes M, Rice S, Rose M, Tappenden P, Woolacott N. The Type and Impact of Evidence Review Group Exploratory Analyses in the NICE Single Technology Appraisal Process. Value in Health 2017, 20(6), 785-791.
- Graham-Rowe E, Lorencatto F, Lawrenson JG, Burr J, Grimshaw JM, Ivers NM, Peto T, Bunce C, Francis JJ, Vale L, Presseau J, Quartilho A, Rice S. Barriers and enablers to diabetic retinopathy screening attendance: Protocol for a systematic review. Systematic Reviews 2016, 5(1), 134.
- Rice SJ, Albani VJ, Fattakhova GE, Mells GF, Sandford R, Shirley M, Rushton SP, Coughlan D, Hirschfield GM, Taylor-Robinson S, Vale L, Jones D. Cost and utility estimates for patients at different stages in the natural history of Primary Biliary Cirrhosis (PBC) from the UK-PBC Cohort. In: 67th Annual Meeting of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases: The Liver Meeting 2016. 2016, Washington DC: Wiley-Blackwell.