- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 3584
- Personal Website: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/carly-flowers-2ab582a8
- Address: Academic Psychiatry
Campus for Ageing and Vitality
Newcastle upon Tyne
First Class Honours in BSc Psychology - University of Liverpool 2010
Admissions Secretary, SHCA, Newcastle University
Assistant Psychologist, Walkergate Park Centre for Neurorehabilitation and Neuropsychiatry, NTW NHS Trust
Mental Health Support Worker, NTW NHS Trust
Volunteer Assistant Psychologist/Support, Momentum North East
I am currently working on the MRC-BLISS study with Dr David Cousins investigating the effects of lithium on the brain in bipolar disorder, with respect to treatment response.
For more information about the study and the work of Team Lithium, visit www.teamlithium.co.uk.
- Cousins D, Smith F, Necus J, Thelwall P, Flowers C, Taylor P, Sinha N, Wang YJ, Blamire A. Imaging the distribution and effects of lithium in the brain in bipolar disorder. In: 73rd Annual Meeting of the Society of Biological Chemistry. 2018, New York: Elsevier.
- Smith FE, Thelwall PE, Necus J, Flowers CJ, Blamire AM, Cousins DA. 3D 7Li magnetic resonance imaging of brain lithium distribution in bipolar disorder. Molecular Psychiatry 2018, Epub ahead of print.