Dr Daniel Jones
Academic Foundation Doctor - F1
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Wellcome Trust Centre for Mitochondrial Research
Institute of Neuroscience
4th Floor Cookson Building
Newcastle upon Tyne
Roles and Responsibilities
Academic Foundation Year 1 Doctor, Royal Victoria Infirmary, The Newcastle Upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Training Fellow, Newcastle University
Research Associate, Wellcome Centre for Mitochondrial Research
MBBS Medicine, University College London, 2015.
BSc(Hons) Biochemistry (First Class), University College London, 2010.
Professor Doug Turnbull- Professor of Neurology, Honorary Consultant Neurologist and Director Wellcome Trust Centre for Mitochondrial Research.
Research interests lie in the combination of: cardiovascular medicine and mitochondrial function/dysfunction.
I have taught on the following courses for medical students:
1. Clinical Sciences and Investigative Medicine: Year 4 course: topics include solid organ malignancy, chest medicine and renal disease.
2. Foundations of Clinical Practice: Year 3 course
3. Lectured on Medical Genetics and Clinical pharmacology
4. Clinical teaching in the hospital
5. Assisted with OSCEs
- Tullet JM, Araiz C, Sanders MJ, Au C, Benedetto A, Papatheodorou I, Clark E, Schmeisser K, Jones D, Schuster EF, Thornton JM, Gems D. DAF-16/FoxO directly regulates an atypical AMP-activated protein kinase gamma isoform to mediate the effects of insulin/IGF-1 signaling on aging in Caenorhabditis elegans. PLoS Genetics 2014, 10(2), e1004109.